title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MS Keyboard controls

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cparsons

• Jul 2002

MS Keyboard controls

I have an MS Internet Pro Keyboard that includes a load of extra
    keys for selecting media tracks, adjusting and muting the sound volume etc - but these don't work with DAP (they do with WinAmp!)

Can these be enabled?? (I find them pretty useful)

Anyone managed to get them to work??

See the following MS blurb...

More information about Hot Key support

Microsoft keyboard Hot Keys work with programs that use the WM_APPCOMMAND API, which is a standardized way for programs to receive Hot Key commands on Windows operating system. Many newer programs are already using the WM_APPCOMMAND API, and more are in development. IntelliType Pro keyboard software does emulate this functionality for certain popular programs that do not use the WM_APPCOMMAND API so that these programs will respond to Hot Key presses.

Supported programs that use the WM_APPCOMMAND API may behave slightly differently than programs for which IntelliType emulates this functionality. For example, the media commands may only work when an WM_APPCOMMAND API program is the active window.

Both the programs that use WM_APPCOMMAND API and those that IntelliType Pro software emulates this functionality for are listed above. This list will be updated as new programs migrate to the WM_APPCOMMAND API.

Note If a software program you use with a Microsoft keyboard is not listed above, you can contact the development company to determine if they intend to use the WM_APPCOMMAND API.

Ta ever so!

Chris
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Have a look in Beta (of this forum), the latest beta of dAP automatically supports them.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dnewtype

• May 2003

I'm using MS Natural Keyboard Pro and latest Intellitype on Windows XP. Here's my problem:

1. I can control wave volume with volume keys on keyboard.
      2. run dAP r2
      3. I can control dAP's volume with volume keys on keyboard. And dAP set wave volume as dAP's value
      4. exit dAP
      5. I cannot control wave volume with volume keys on keyboard anymore.

Thanks for this GREAT program!
      Last edited by dnewtype; May 15, 2003, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

>I can control wave volume with volume keys on keyboard.

What is playing wave files at that time?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dnewtype

• May 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
          >I can control wave volume with volume keys on keyboard.

What is playing wave files at that time?
          Ah, Sorry, it wasn't wave volume. It was 'Volume Control'(volume overall. Control Panel - Sound and audio device property - Volume Control - Volume Control.)

Let me say the problem again.

When I press volume keys, the volume(overall volume) changes.

Running dAP, dAP volume is changed when I press keys. And dAP set wave volume(not overall volume!) in Volume Control as dAP's value.

Closing dAP, the volume and wave volume aren't changed by volume keys.

I played wav files instead of mp3 files but there's no difference.

Mmm.. when I press volume keys, a "volume bar" of overall volume is shown on the screen(by Intellitype driver). After playing dAP, if I press volume keys then the bar is shown but its graph doesn't change. I think dAP intercepts keys in some ways but dAP doesn't return it.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

When dAP quits there shouldn't be any part of it running in the system (you can look in Task manager to be sure).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dnewtype

• May 2003

I checked it via Task Manager, but amp.exe doesn't remain after closing dAP. (didn't run MMC so there isn't editor.exe)

I tried to kill amp.exe manually in Task Manager but the problem last.

In Task Manager, are there any other files that dAP uses?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

No nothing else.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>