title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can't rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brds16
    • Sep 2004

Can't rip

I have used dMC Audio CD input to successfully rip 1400+ audio files into my hard drive. Having done so I took a break of a couple of weeks to enjoy my handy work. With over a hundred cds left to do, I have just returned to my project to finish the task. I am encountering a problem I do not understand: Whereas before, I only needed to insert a cd in my cd rom drive to have it recognized by the dMC Audio CD input software, now, it simply refuses to see it, and blankly continues to ask me to insert audio cd. I tried the play cd tracks and the eject cd icons to see if I could get a rise out of the software, to no avail. My computer sees the audio (and data) cd in the d drive with no problem, the dMC software doesn't. Any suggestions? Do I uninstall and reinstall? can I simply install over the existing application? am I overlooking something?
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Can't rip

Originally posted by brds16
    I have used dMC Audio CD input to successfully rip 1400+ audio files into my hard drive. Having done so I took a break of a couple of weeks to enjoy my handy work. With over a hundred cds left to do, I have just returned to my project to finish the task. I am encountering a problem I do not understand: Whereas before, I only needed to insert a cd in my cd rom drive to have it recognized by the dMC Audio CD input software, now, it simply refuses to see it, and blankly continues to ask me to insert audio cd. I tried the play cd tracks and the eject cd icons to see if I could get a rise out of the software, to no avail. My computer sees the audio (and data) cd in the d drive with no problem, the dMC software doesn't. Any suggestions? Do I uninstall and reinstall? can I simply install over the existing application? am I overlooking something?
    Do you have more than one cd drive?
    Are you using another drive now for your ripping (or cd playing) than before? Look in dMC Audio CD Input Options and make sure the right drive is selected.

Comment

• brds16
      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
      Do you have more than one cd drive?
      Are you using another drive now for your ripping (or cd playing) than before? Look in dMC Audio CD Input Options and make sure the right drive is selected.
      Option shows the following:
      Rip to Folder: F:\Bert's Music... (As before and as it should be)
      CD Drive: [empty drop down menu] [Advanced]

I cannot put anything in the drop down menu. when Advanced is clicked, I get a window;
      Advanced Ripping Configuration:
      CD Communication ASPI (drop down menu with other options)
      Command Set: MMC (drop down menu with other options)
      [checked] Read CD text (if drive & disc support it).

my cd Rom drive is a samsung dvd rom 616E and it is working properly and recognizes cd (audio and data).

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by brds16
        Option shows the following:
        Rip to Folder: F:\Bert's Music... (As before and as it should be)
        CD Drive: [empty drop down menu] [Advanced]

I cannot put anything in the drop down menu. when Advanced is clicked, I get a window;
        Advanced Ripping Configuration:
        CD Communication ASPI (drop down menu with other options)
        Command Set: MMC (drop down menu with other options)
        [checked] Read CD text (if drive & disc support it).

my cd Rom drive is a samsung dvd rom 616E and it is working properly and recognizes cd (audio and data).
        Interesting! So dMC does not in fact recognize the existence of the cd/dvd drive! Where have I seen this problem before? I need to dig a bit. Maybe somebody else is quicker than me tonight.

Ok, just on a whim, change the CD Communication to 2000/NT device IO. Although I'd expect this to only work once a device is actually found ....

Have you just recently replaced a former cd rom drive by a dvd drive by any chance, and might dMC have been installed since before that time?

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

change the CD Communication to 2000/NT device IO.
          This may work. But this is to be found in the Support Section (here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-support-audio-cd.htm):
          Q. In Windows 2000 all it says is 'Insert Audio Disk' and no drives are shown on the Options Page?
          Q. CD Input Program Crashes On Startup?
          A. You should to log into Windows with Administrator privilege rights, otherwise Windows 2000 stops dMC from accessing the CD drive.
          A. Open dMC Audio CD Configuration found in Start >> Programs >> Illustrate >> dBpowerAMP Music Converter >> Configuration and select CD Communication to 2000 / NT Built-In (Limited), click Ok, dMC Audio CD Input will now function normally
          This is for Windows 2000/NT 4/XP systems. If you have an earlier version of Windows, you may find some other tips that will help.

Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

he-he! So that's where I'd seen it, though not retained it fully. I was sort of close though I might as well have been lightyears away :D

Comment

• brds16
              • Sep 2004

Sorry for not getting back to the project for the last couple of days, but I wanted to let you know that changing cd communication to 2000/NT device IO worked. The program now sees audio cds as it did and should. I did it by simply going to the dMC Advanced Ripping Configuration windows which becomes available when you click <options> cd Drive <advanced> and choosing 2000/NT device IO from the drop down menu. (I am running XP pro SP2). I changed nothing in the Administrator directory

Comment

Working...

]]>