title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Required CODEC could not be opened

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Required CODEC could not be opened

I receive the following error message whenever I try to convert a file. In the example below, I tried to convert a .WAV to .MP3. I have installed additional codecs from codec central, uninstalled/reinstalled... with the same result. Can you help?! Thanks!

The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Inbox\Joe Take 0.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Required CODEC could not be opened

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I receive the following error message whenever I try to convert a file. In the example below, I tried to convert a .WAV to .MP3. I have installed additional codecs from codec central, uninstalled/reinstalled... with the same result. Can you help?! Thanks!

The CODEC required to compress 'C:\Inbox\Joe Take 0.mp3.TEMP.mp3' could not be opened.
    You are not saying what type of wav file it is (look at the properties: freq, bits, channels) and to what kind of mp3 file you want to convert (freq, channels, kbps, any presets you may be using)- and if using Lame or other encoder.

If you're trying to change all the settings in one shot things are likely not to work very smoothly if they are very divergent. For instance if your file is not a PCM wav it's going to be tricky, you may have to do this in 2 steps.

If you can enable Professional Frequency tjis might help.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Required CODEC could not be opened

Thanks! That did it... the file was saved as 24-bit, 32khz PCM. I resaved the file as 44,100Hz 16-bit PCM and everything is working. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...

]]>