title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio Player won't play Ogg, Monkey, or Real--why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eloquent
    • Jul 2002

Audio Player won't play Ogg, Monkey, or Real--why?

I cannot get any of my Ogg, Monkey or Real Audio files to play on my newly installed dAP version 1.0. I have installed the CODECS for all three file types in dMC. Are these same CODECS supposed to work for dAP? If so, how do I get them to work? Or are there different CODECS you have to install for dAP? dMC has no problem converting files to these formats, but dAP won't play them.

Someone wrote that you have to install dAP and dMC in the same location. I tried putting the dAP folder inside the dMC folder but that didn't work. Can someone provide more details on how to get the dAP to play OGG, Monkey and Real? I have already associated the files in the Configuration window, they just won't play. They won't play either when I simply try "file open" or drag and drop the files onto the player. Nothing works. Thanks for any help.:cry:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

You need to reinstall them to the same place that dAP is installed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eloquent

Re: Audio Player won't play Ogg, Monkey, or Real--why?

Thanks Spoon. Could you be more specific? I have to reinstall what--the codecs? I did try to copy them and put them into the dAP folder but it didn't work. Maybe I need to put them in a specific place in the dAP folder? Where? In a subfolder? Which one?

Are you referring to the codecs for dMC? As I recall, when I originally installed them in dMC they automatically installed themselves. Will they do this for dAP as well? Do I install them from the downloaded codec files or do I just copy the files that the codec files actually create in dMC after they are installed, and paste these into dAP?

Also, I erred in my original post when I mentioned associating the files in dAP configuration. The OGG and Monkey and Real options were not present in the config window.

Am I the only one having this problem? Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Sorry,

Generally speaking it is best to just install everything to the default path.

If you had installed dMC to the default, and dAP to C:\dap, you would have to install each codec twice, one to the default path, and once to C:\dap (the installer puts the files in the right subfolders)
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• eloquent

Thanks. Will try it.

I didn't install to the default path. Don't like to put programs in Program Files, prefer to put them in C.

Am not at my puter now, but will try this later. Thanks.

Comment

• eloquent

Re: Thanks. Will try it.

THis worked after I reinstalled dAP. THanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>