title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA option missing in dMC's drop-down menu

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JRSellers
    • Jun 2004

WMA option missing in dMC's drop-down menu

I've installed the WMA9 Runtime files several times, but the WMA option is missing in dMC's drop-down menu. :vmad:
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA option missing in dMC's drop-down menu

I am not sure what you are refering to when you talk about WMA9 Runtime files. Do you mean the WMA v9 codec from Codec Central?
    If so, did you have either WMA v9 or the WMA v9 system files (from Codec Central) installed before you installed the WMA v9 codec? And did you shut down the computer and reboot before trying to access the wma9 for conversions or playback?

If your answer to all of the above is "yes", let me ask if you happen to have installed Windows Media Player v10? If so, can you try to rip a track from cd to wma and let us know if you can and if, after having done so, you can convert other files to wma as well.

Let us know how you make out.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen
    Last edited by xoas; September 21, 2004, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• JRSellers
      • Jun 2004

I installed the Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs (3.8MB) so I wouldn't have to install WMP.

And yes, I've also tried rebooting...several times.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by JRSellers
        I installed the Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs (3.8MB) so I wouldn't have to install WMP.

And yes, I've also tried rebooting...several times.
        But you also need WMP 9.

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Aug 2002

Did you remember to install WMA v9 Code Release 1.3b (260kb) codec as well?

I do not think that you need to have WMP installed if you have installed the 3.8MB Windows Media 9 codecs.

Wayne

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

[QUOTE]I do not think that you need to have WMP installed if you have installed the 3.8MB Windows Media 9 codecs.[QUOTE]
            I'm with Wayne on this, see the directions for the WMA v9 codec in Codec Central.

So JR, my understanding is you have installed the WMAv9 system files (3.8 mb) and the WMA v9 codec (260 kb), installed the system codec first, then the codec and then re-booted (all as per directions) and now wma does not show up as an option in the dMC window when you right click on a file and select "Convert To". I am assuming that all these files were installed to their default locations.
            Because you did not reply on this I am going to assume that you do not have WMPv10 installed (this has caused some problems for some users). Whether you have WMPv10, have you tried opening Audio CD Input with a cd and seeing if you could convert a track to WMA?

Finally, let me ask about your system. If you are running Windows 95 you cannot use WMA9 (per Codec Central). There is also a link to the following factoid from Codec Central for users of Windows 98 (and I believe this probably applies to Windows 98SE also) and Windows NT: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/wma9-nt.txt

Do keep us posted.
            Best wishes,
            Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• ChristinaS
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by xoas
              Originally posted by Wayne
              I do not think that you need to have WMP installed if you have installed the 3.8MB Windows Media 9 codecs.
              I'm with Wayne on this, see the directions for the WMA v9 codec in Codec Central.
              My mistake in understanding the directives. :o I kind of assumed that some version of WMP is present anyway, supplemented in this case by the special Windows Media Audio v9 System Codecs (when WMP 8 or lower is installed) and WMA v9 Codec Release 1.3b in all cases :o

My deepest excuses on this. :o :o :o :o

Comment

• JRSellers
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by xoas
                ...and the WMA v9 codec (260 kb)
                Been a long time since I had to re-install the codecs, and I didn't realize I needed the 260KB file. I installed it, and there it is, plain as day. Sorry 'bout all the confusion. :o

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

Great!!!

Comment

Working...

]]>