title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music plays fine but vocals are distant?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dyet

• Jul 2004

Music plays fine but vocals are distant?

Hi

Not sure what's going on but when I play an MP3 the 'music' plays fine but in most mp3's the vocals are 'distantly' playing in the background.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

8)
  • dyet

• Jul 2004

Re: Music plays fine but vocals are distant?

Found the problem my sound card shifted a bit so i repositioned back in-place and problem fixed....wierd??? because if the sound card isn't connected properly wouldn't it tell me that on start up???oh well...

Comment

• MisterChaz

Originally posted by dyet
      Found the problem my sound card shifted a bit so i repositioned back in-place and problem fixed....wierd??? because if the sound card isn't connected properly wouldn't it tell me that on start up???oh well...
      Huhn, I have had this problem (with any player, not just dbamp...in fact db amp sounds better than any of the others) for years...usually it is the centered vocals that drop back, the ones on the sides are as loud as the music (or ones mixed off center). I always assumed it was a phase problem with the way I'm set up (tho it would be tough to screw it up since everything is pretty contained into one single wire). Especially since I have the problem with any player. But it is annoying and your solution is interesting. I may have to try it.

Comment

• Hyrize

• Jul 2004

yeah...funny things happen when your sound card begins to fall out, none of them good
        even a bit of dust between the contacts where the card plugs in can screw things up!

Comment

Working...

]]>