title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Skin designer opensource release?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Skin designer opensource release?

is it possible or feasible?

just wondering if it could be released under whatever license is needed and allow it to be publicly advanced/worked on?

given your hands are full practically full time with codecs/dmc/dap/cd writter/sveta/etc...

would'nt it make sense to release this to allow the possibility for others to pick it up and develop it further? would the benefits be in Spoon's/dbpoweramp's favor?

this way at least skinners can advance also.

just some thoughts.....
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Re: Skin designer opensource release?

I think I saw that the source is donwloadable on the secondary site... i think it wasn't download.com (but i'm not sure) but I think it was sorce forge

haven't got time now to search for it

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

no, that would have been "spoon installer" that's on sourceforge. i think Spoon might have to make some sort of code hook or API that sits between skin designer and his code. as perhaps too much code reveal would happen.
      Last edited by Spoons; September 02, 2004, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

That is only spoon installer.

The problem with the skin designer is that dAP would also have to go open source, nothing can be realistically added to the designer without also adding to dap.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

yes that's what i thought. so really it would take a developer to sign one of those non non disclosure forms etc... or as above and make skin designer a module type of thing that hooks into dap without revealing any dap code. how did they do it on winamp and protect the winamp code?
          Last edited by Spoons; September 02, 2004, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

winamp hasa a skining language with big posibilites, but to make skins you have to first learn that language. I think it is called maki. so you make images and make maki scripts...

Comment

Working...

]]>