title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

HELP, my Creative SB Live! Platinum is killing me!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BestRip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2002

HELP, my Creative SB Live! Platinum is killing me!

Help anyone,

After some 50+ hours of installing, reinstalling, downloading drivers and mailing Creatives support (and doing what they have suggested) I just can't get this product to work properly.
    OK, many functions do work, but MIDI in - no luck, and the Remote Center, well sometimes it runs and then again it doesn't.
    :headbang:

It's ridiculous to see the audio player "PlayCenter 2" from this market leading producer(?), comparing it to the dBpowerAMP, they should be ashamed. With their resourses one would expect something totally different, but I guess they are too buisy counting money?

So I ask this question, should I persist with it or does anyone know of another very well sounding, fully function packed sound card that doesn't have these driver issues and perhaps with some better software in general?
    :confused:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Hold tight, creative are releasing brand new drivers that are completely re-writen in about 10 days time.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BestRip
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2002

Thank you Spoon,
      that was a relief, lets hope they have figured it out by now - how it works I mean.
      Desparation really set in last night when I (on screen - remote doesn't work) set the Remote Center to PC library and it "scanned" for almost 2 hours before I checked and found almost all of my ripped records as "Unknown" with "Unknown" artists and so on, in the "Play Center 2".
      I forced end program... and now have some more problems...:rolleyes:

Is it generally safe otherwise to remove parts of these Creative "beta" programes - like the player (I will of course be using the dBpowerAMP!!! ), while trying to keep and get the "well documented":rolleyes: Remote Center to work in some way I want it to work (like possibly controling the dBpowerAMP)?
      :happy:

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Unless you are short on hard disk space, I would leave it all.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Soundblaster has problems with via chipsets. although I have one it's usually a latency problem with the drivers.

my friend bought a santacruz by turtle beach and has never looked back. i think this product is well worth looking into.

Comment

• BestRip
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Jun 2002

Thank you Razgo,

I checked it out and it looks good, but I'll try out the new drivers from Creative first.
            Do you know if there is a chance of getting the dBpowerAMP to respond to the Creative Remote Control Center (if I can get it rolling)?

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

I'm not too sure what the creative remote control center is?

I have the soundblaster live value! it has an audioHQ control center. I installed the live!ware software, but thats all. I didn't know about the PlayCenter 2 until you mentioned it.

as far as the midi in not working. I use midi in for my synth keyboard and the midi "in" stopped responding one day. took me days to figure it out but it turned out the sound fonts somehow unistalled themselves. once you install the sound fonts the midi "in" works again.

Comment

• BestRip
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jun 2002

Hi,

The Remote control is part of the "platinum" version. It has a 5 1/4" front mounted "something" for lots of in-/out-put connectors and an IR receptor(?).
                Anyway, the RC center is it's program giving a few possibilities to set it up and so on and it has a part where you can add windows applications to control. It is genuinly poorly documented and together with it's unstable function in my PC I haven't been able to work out what exactly it's supposed to be able to do.
                In the add win apps it also has 2 lines, to enter: "parameters" and one I can't remember now (program is of line, all giving the impression that it should be possible to control other applications.

About the keyboard - I got it working when I unistalled the Remote Center! Isn't that great or what. :happy:

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

ah ok. thanks for that, i understand now whats going on. so Spoon has his RMC working with dap?

well I'm glad at least the midi is now working. odd though that the RMC stole your midi capabilities when you installed, but not surprising as I mentioned above my sound fonts just vanished for no apparent reason also. oh well such as life in the day and life of a PC :D

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If you haven't already check out the control freak pack for dAP.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>