title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Enhanced Keys Not Working as Expected

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kweller
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Enhanced Keys Not Working as Expected

Touching the play/pause key on this Logitech keyboard results in dAP playing or pausing appropriately but also starts the Windows CD player. Thereafter the CD Playr hijacks the keys and dAP doesn't see them. Closing the CD player means dAP sees the next key stroke but the CD player restarts.

I thought it was just that I hadn't associated .cda files with dAP but doing that changed nothing.

This used to work properly but in the course of changing my home domain I had to set up new user accounts on the music server. I suspect I've missed a step somewhere. Any idea what it was?

Thanks.

(Welcome back BTW, I missed you)

Kevin
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

It is good to be back.

I think this might be some program to do with logitech, AFAIK Windows does not try to launch anything when the buttons are pressed.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

How to configure Logitech iTouch to work with dAP-Play...

Working with Logitech iTouch:

It is possible to set the Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Current Version\MediaPlayer to "dAP-Play.exe". However, I was not able to find out how to make the other keys work as expected.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Gerhard (mailto:moeller@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de)

Comment

• Unregistered

Forget Logitech media Keys...

Here's a statement from the Logitech Website:

[...] The multimedia keys have a static function that cannot be programmed. [...] The following media players are supported with iTouch 1.7 and higher:

Win9x CD player
        MS CD Deluxe Player (from Plus!pack)
        Creative Labs Play Center
        Windows MediaPlayer, v7.0 and v 8.0
        WinAmp 2.65 and 2.71
        Sonique Version 1.9 and Version 2.0
        AudioSoft Virtuousa
        Voyetra AudioStation 32
        Axialis
        WillowPond
        RealJukebox Version 1.0 and Version 2.0
        RealAudio Version 7 and Version 8
        MusicMatch Version 5 and Version 6
        LiquidPlayer Version 5.3

That means: No dbpoweramp.

Gerhard

Comment

• kweller
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2002

Don't give up yet

Yes, I read that statement on the Logitech web site but the bottom line is that before I rebuilt my machine those keys were working perfectly; all of them. I obviously did something back in the distant mists of time that I've forgotten.

Even now they work sometimes. What set of circumstances 'sometimes' is I haven't figured out yet.

With the ability to associate key combination with various actions in dAP in the latest beta it becomes less of an issue of course.

Kevin

Comment

• kweller
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

It seems to be a dAP issue rather than a Logitech issue.

Try as I might I could not get R2B7 to work with any of the Logitech media keys so, on the grounds that it did work and I may have upgraded dAP at the time I rebuilt my machine, I regressed to R2B6 where I find things are much better.

Stop acts like a pause toggle, Play/Pause causes the appropriate action in dAP but also starts Windows CD player (as highlighted in the original thread), FF and REW do the correct things in dAP. the volume control modifies the Window's volume rather than dAP's (which is how I prefer it anyway) and mute mutes.

I'd have been interested to try an earlier version than B6 as Play/Pause was working on my system at some point but I don't have it.

Reinstalling R2B7 proves that none of the keys work with that version.

The Media key only offers Windows Media Player but, according to the Logitech site, that's because dAP hasn't registered itself as the default media player.

Kevin

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

>Reinstalling R2B7 proves that none of the keys work with that version.

Try this - install R2b7 - reboot - install r2b7 - reboot, it should work. There is a slight issue with Dlls that are inuse.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kweller
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Apr 2002

Yep, that's got it.

The only registry edit I had to do was to set the media player to amp.exe and it doesn't quite work how it should - <play/pause> starts amp, <stop> toggles pause - but it's good enough for me.

Thanks.

Kevin

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

See the thread in the Beta (dAP) - there are iTough settings.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kweller
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
                    ...there are iTough settings.
                    Freudian slip?

Thanks. I saw that but was waiting for someone to come back and say it worked for them!

Kevin

Comment

Working...

]]>