title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multiple problems/bugs wit ID Tags from WMA to MP3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Multiple problems/bugs wit ID Tags from WMA to MP3

I have lots of WMAs (my CDs imported in the past through Windows Media Player) to convert to MP3 : more than 6000. It took 30 hours CPU and the result is unusable.
    I first discovered that I had to use the old MP3 Codec to have the french special characters ok in MP3 (a test before converting all).
    But now, I found out that :
    1) The album names are truncated after 30 chars. As a result, volumes Vol 1, Vol 2 ... appear mixed up as a single volume and I often lose information (I had the year at the end).
    2) The titles are truncated after 33 chars. Information is lost again.
    3) Only the first artist appears in the MP3 file (in WMA, I often have multiple artists, separated by ; in WMP and all appear in WMP after import). Information is lost again, and very hard to get back! Strange is that, if I look into the ID Tags of the WMA file, I also see only the first artist.
    I use both V1 and V2 ID Tags.
    Are these bugs or limitations? Is there any workaround?
    Please help.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Multiple problems/bugs wit ID Tags from WMA to MP3

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I have lots of WMAs (my CDs imported in the past through Windows Media Player) to convert to MP3 : more than 6000. It took 30 hours CPU and the result is unusable.
    I first discovered that I had to use the old MP3 Codec to have the french special characters ok in MP3 (a test before converting all).
    But now, I found out that :
    1) The album names are truncated after 30 chars. As a result, volumes Vol 1, Vol 2 ... appear mixed up as a single volume and I often lose information (I had the year at the end).
    2) The titles are truncated after 33 chars. Information is lost again.
    3) Only the first artist appears in the MP3 file (in WMA, I often have multiple artists, separated by ; in WMP and all appear in WMP after import). Information is lost again, and very hard to get back! Strange is that, if I look into the ID Tags of the WMA file, I also see only the first artist.
    I use both V1 and V2 ID Tags.
    Are these bugs or limitations? Is there any workaround?
    Please help.
    Hmmm... maybe the new beta 3 version of dMC at http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-r11b3.exe (plus refreshed codecs for the file types, I should think), released just a few hours ago (was the beta 2 version from before) has a fix for those ID tags. See thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...2462#post22462

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Multiple problems/bugs wit ID Tags from WMA to MP3

And you must have selected 'id3v1 tagging' - this has the limits, try id3v2 in configuration.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>