title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

.asx Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fordracer42

• Oct 2003

.asx Files

How can one convert these to either mp3 or wave or what ever you can use to convert to get mp3 or wave? This has probably been asked 1000 times, but I can't find anything on it. Thanks :teufel8:
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: .asx Files

I suggest you check out this thread here:
    I can't convert this audio file (.asx) to mp3... is this software able to convert? if not.. does anyone know any program can do that..? thanks

If you have tried the measures that Razgo and ChristinaS have outlined here, please post back and tell us about what is going wrong.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• fordracer42

• Oct 2003

<ASX version="3.0"><ENTRY><title>Honkytonks Country Classics</title><REF href="mms://a423.v8384d.c8384.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/423/8384/3b858b51/mtvrdstr.download.akamai.com/8512/wmp/2/17325/18674_10_1_04.asf" /></ENTRY></ASX>

I put this on the notepad, I tried .asf, wma, and everything in the alphabet, but nothing seems to work........Thanks

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Nor would it, as you can see the protocol in the address is mms:// - this refers to a multi media streamning server and you cannot download the audio file from there. All you can do is stream it. If it had been Http:// it would have been a different story.

Thus your option for capturing this audio file is to play the original asx file in your player and use dMC Auxiliary Input to record it to a wav (or maybe wma or mp3, but I prefer capturing to a wav and converting it later).

Please check the forum, there are lots and lots of threads explaining how to use dMC Auxiliary Input.

A more complete thread for asx files may be http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992 in the FAQ section of the forum.
        Last edited by ChristinaS; July 17, 2004, 10:49 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>