title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Multimedia keyboard

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tardmrr
    • Jun 2003

Multimedia keyboard

I recently bought one of microsoft's multimedia keybaords. I was so exited that I would be able to use a single keypress to control dAP, but the next track, prev track, volume up/down, play/pause and stop buttons only work when dAP has the focus. But when I use the keybaord with Windows Media Player (<--:boese1: ), it gets the keypresses with or without the focus. How can I set up the keyboard (or dAP) for the same type of functionality?

Thanks,
    Matt
  • petriburg
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Re: Multimedia keyboard

I hope you've installeld the accompanying software with your keyboard! If you have, then what you need to do is go to Start/All programs/Microsoft keyboard/.... click on this tab, and it will open up the keyboard properties window. Click on the key settings tab, and select the functions you want your keyboard buttons to activate. Good luck with this - I hope it works for you - it did for me when I made a similar installation recently. :smile2:

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Some other program must be getting the presses before dAP - try quitting all programs.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tardmrr
        • Jun 2003

When I kill the "type32.exe" process which driver for the keyboard (I think), the media keys work from outside dAP, but the other keyboard buttons (my docs, email, ect...) dont work anymore... :(
        Last edited by tardmrr; July 13, 2004, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>