title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Skin Review: Curt: Curts - DualPro

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craze
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Skin Review: Curt: Curts - DualPro

DualPro which was built at an 800 x 600 display resolution has just received an update to accommodate display resolutions up to 1280 x 1024 for the Blackout backdrop option.
    It also received some enhancements to the Skins Menu, the Menu/10-Band EQ, and some text color changes in MMC.
    - Craze
  • Archon
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jul 2003

Re: Skin Review: Curt: Curts - DualPro

Great!
    Seems like all of the skins are moving on to larger resolutions
    I shall download at once.

Comment

• Craze
      dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Yeah,...well my only problem is that I can't see all that great at those resolutions without dawning the eyeglasses and still having to squint a lot. :D
      Some skins are pretty small and hard to read even at 800 x 600. I'm wondering what all the hype is about, and why those who choose those resolutions choose them? (Just an observation,...not intended to put anyone down,...user's or skin designers alike).
      But that's cool. Everyone has their own personal individual tastes. I just thought I'd make some adjustments to DualPro to accommodate those users. :smile2:
      Hope it works well for all.

- Craze

Originally posted by Archon
      Great!
      Seems like all of the skins are moving on to larger resolutions
      I shall download at once.

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

I like to work in high res, cause I can put more stuff on the screen at the same time.... though I remember I couldn't work in 1024 at first, was too small... now I work in 1152, maybe would go higher if I could

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Nice work, Craze!

I use a higher resolution because it allows more visual detail and I do a fair amount of hobbyist graphic stuff and occasional gaming. I have gotten very comfortable with 1024 since getting a graphics card. Without it my system really wouldn't be very efficient handling a larger resolution since I multi-task a lot. But I don't think skinners should feel bound to design for any given screen resolution. There are few skins, if any, that work at every resolution from say 680 up to 1600. While that may mean that some users can't reasonably use some skins that doesn't make those skins any less worthy of merit. "Moby Dick" might not do much of a job of addressing the plight of native americans or the position of women in contemporary society, but these drawbacks do not really hinder its status as a great book.

Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Craze
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Thanks Xoas.
            I felt compelled to increase the backdrop screen after I checked out what it looked like on the higher resolutions. The original intent was to give the user an option to blackout the desktop if they so desired. Of course, it looked silly since it wouldn't cover the screen area fully. 1280 is as high as my machine goes. Hopefully, it's now doing what was intended.
            - Craze

Comment

• Archon
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jul 2003

OK, it works great!
              Although I don like only one thing about DualPro: why did you put a dark-blue font on a black background?
              the blackout was a good idea, and to put a huge skin window to cover all resolutions, an even better one!

Comment

• Craze
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Thanks Archon for checking it out.

I thought that the Blue font worked best with the dAP "After Dark" option in which the set of Blue spotlights flood the amp (which is my favorite mode of operation) without detracting from the overall scheme. :D
                It's easily changeable within the Skin Designer for anyone who wants to modify it to their own personal liking. (Font 7)
                What color would work for you?

- Craze

Comment

• Archon
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jul 2003

I think white or cyan.
                  and, by the way me and my brother have already changed it:D

Comment

Working...

]]>