title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dAPs playback is interrupted by clicks and crackles? (Windows XP) Huh?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dAPs playback is interrupted by clicks and crackles? (Windows XP) Huh?

i have only just started using XP pro for the first time upgrading from win98se a few weeks ago. but correct me if i am wrong but arn't all the updates kept locally on the hardrive when downloaded? my updates are set to download first and then do nothing until i am ready to install. which means the updates must be on my pc somewhere? i haven't checked yet though.

Comment

• ferris209
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2003

I hadn't heard of that, that sure would make things easier though. I'll check around and let you know what I come up with.

Comment

• CMcDougall
        • Mar 2005

I now have that problem aswell. :vmad: Never did it with windys95/98, but then i done a clean install with windys2000prof, now my tunes are wrecked!! Even with Realplayer/ windows player. I even bought another sound card from ebay, still no joy :yawn:

The only proggy that does not do it now is OTS turtables, its fine!

Ill give the above a go, Thanx Cm :komisch9:

Comment

• CMcDougall
          • Mar 2005

Well, done all above, to no avail :thumbdown . Even the change PIO to DMA, still no :thumbdown

Put on windysXP, and still the same :vmad:

Ill just have to wait 4 mins for a 45min tape to change to Wave, then its fine :cry:

Cany wait for the new release of dBpower Amp! should sort it? :komisch7:

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Check that something is not taking 100% of your CPU resource (with nothing happening Taskmanager should report your cpu usage around 0%).
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>