title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Volume Boost

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taz
    • Mar 2003

Volume Boost

I'm using release 2 (but tried this with R3B5 as well). I'm going through my entire list (almost 3,000) and trying to even out the audio. I used volume normalization during conversion, but some are still louder or quieter, probably a couple hundred.

Question is this...I move the slide in MMC, and it adjusts for that one play only. If I go back and play the song again later, it's back at it's original level, although the slider is still where I left it.

Any ideas or am I just crazy????
  • ferris209
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2003

Re: Volume Boost

Howdy Taz,
    Spoon is still tweaking the volume normalzation features, as of now, I use a sweet little free program called MP3Gain, easy to use and free. It only works on MP3's though, so if you have wav's, wma's, or any other media, its useless. Good luck and here's the link!

MP3Gain - A free automatic mp3 volume normalizer

Comment

• ferris209
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Oct 2003

P.S. = Those sliders out beside the songs, if they are set to automatically adjust, do so only after you've played the entire song.

Comment

• Taz
        • Mar 2003

I've adjusted manually the sliders while the song was playing to get the level I wanted, and then replayed the entire song again later to see if it "held", which it didn't. Not a huge deal, except for a few songs which have a great difference in volume.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It should hold, open MMC - slide one up, quit MMC, load MMC is it still higher? or reset?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Taz
            • Mar 2003

The slider is holding it's position if I quit and reopen MMC; however, the actual audio level for the song reverts to the original level, even though I've lowered/raised it.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You should not see anything whilst it is playing to indicate the volume boost, the normal volume control does not change.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Taz
                • Mar 2003

OK, I understand. However I thought that if I changed the level using the sliders, DAP would remember that setting and adjust the audio accordingly every time the song was played. What is happening is that I can adjust it for the current play, but on the next go round, it reverts to the original level before I adjusted it; however the slider is still showing that I've decreased the db level for that particular song.

Comment

• Firas

hi i'm just trying 2 down load this item so please can u tell me how the file appears on my desktop but it gives me always to instal it but I can instal it.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

If it installs sucessfully you should see a 'dAP Install Options' page after install.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• chas88
                      • May 2004

I'd like to help you, but I can't even get as far as you have. Where IS the volumen slider of which you speak, even if it's not working? I must be stupid or something but I don't see it when I go to make a CD and I'm having the same problem with normalization. I don't know why I didn't see this post before I posted just above. Can you help me? Chas88

Comment

• ferris209
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Oct 2003

The sliders are in the Dbpoweramp Player My Music Collection window, inless you have DAP installed you need not worry about them, otherwise, just go to your MMC window and slide to your right.

Brandon

Comment

Working...

]]>