title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot attach MP3 in email

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sig

• May 2004

Cannot attach MP3 in email

I get an error message when I try to attach any mp3 or wav files using aol. The message says that it cannot find the file. The music is extracted and on my computer, it plays and I can make cd's but I can't attach the files to email them.. I can send other music and I used Windows Media to extract files from the same cd and I was able to attach those no problem . Does anyone have any idea what is wrong??
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Re: Cannot attach MP3 in email

Originally posted by Sig
    I get an error message when I try to attach any mp3 or wav files using aol. The message says that it cannot find the file. The music is extracted and on my computer, it plays and I can make cd's but I can't attach the files to email them.. I can send other music and I used Windows Media to extract files from the same cd and I was able to attach those no problem . Does anyone have any idea what is wrong??
    The file is probably too big for the email account. There may be a mximum attachment size of 1 or 2 or 3 MB or something like that. A wav file will definitely be too big, while the corresponding mp3 itself may be a little or a lot over the limit, depending on the length and bitrate used.

Comment

• Sig

• May 2004

Hi, I checked.. Aol's max is 16MB

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2004

Then there's a block on the type of files that can be attached, as there may well be for .exe file for instance. Try to zip it although it won't compress anything and then email the zip file.

Comment

Working...

]]>