title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

sending tracks from mmc to portable device

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rij73
    • Apr 2004

sending tracks from mmc to portable device

I am looking for advice on how best to accomplish this. I would like to send a random playlist of 2 hours in length to my portable device. I have my device configured in Sveta. I'm also using the latest dAP beta version. I also want to be able to select specific files in MMC to send to the device.

Another question: When I try the 'Random Selector' option to try to make a playlist of a certain length, it takes a really long time and then just highlights one file. This happens every time. How can I get this to work right?

Thanks!

I'm trying to switch from Windows Media Player to dAP because of your infinitely better use of system resources! Transferring files to my pocket pc is the only thing I still can't get to work...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: sending tracks from mmc to portable device

Pocket PC specific Sveta drivers are coming soon.

For the random selector, make sure no 'Selective Play' is on, try quitting MMC - load it - and try random selector straight away. What are your audio files? and in MMC are their correct lengths shown?

When random selector is working you just right click on one of the files >> Convert To >> and select your device.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rij73
      • Apr 2004

I've got Sveta recognizing my PPC from doing a forum search and trying the Pocket Concert driver.

Random selector still isn't working, though, and it would be really useful to my purposes. My files are mp3's and wma's (about 400 or so). They are all on my local drive. The correct lengths are shown in MMC. I used to use dbPowerAmp a couple years ago, and I recall having this same problem then. I think we solved it, but I don't remember how!

Comment

• rij73
        • Apr 2004

Thought I'd mention that no matter what I do in Random Selector, it just takes me back to my collection but resorted by album with the first track highlighted. I normally have it sorted by artist and then album.

If I could get some more help troubleshooting this, that would be great. I already purchased Sveta and Power Pack. I love your product. It's just this random selection that isn't working for some reason...

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Would you want to zip up your entire \dbpoweramp folder and email it to me?

Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rij73
            • Apr 2004

It's on its way... 4 MB

Comment

• rij73
              • Apr 2004

Well, today I got it to work! The first thing I did this morning was edit one of my track's tags. Then I noticed that the little new symbol on that one was gone. Then I tried random selector again. That time, it still rearranged my tracks by album and highlighted the first one, but random selection worked. I scrolled down and noticed that for the first time, it did actually highlight and put the purple diamond next to the right number of tracks. It also put the track who's tag I had edited at the very bottom of the list. It did not sort the highlighted tracks to the top, and there was no way I could get that to work by clicking on the icon column heading.

Next thing I did was highlight all the tracks, select 'Edit Tag', and then click OK. So I didn't actually change any information. After grinding away for a few minutes, the 'new' symbol was gone from all my tracks. That made me happy. Then, I sorted by artist and tried random selector again. Now it works perfectly. The right number of tracks are selected, they are grouped together at the top, highlighted, and have the purple diamond.

I gave the exact rundown of what I did in case it helps you pin down some problem. I sure hope it keeps working.

Last night I also tried the new winamp 5. While I think it looks really cool, dbPowerAmp just can't be beat for simplicity, features, and low system usage. The fact that I can do a random selection of a certain size, right click, and convert to my pocket pc is just awesome. I couldn't figure anything like that out in winamp. While Windows Media Player does it quite well, it uses way to much system resources. Your program is the best for me. Now to find a skin I like!

Comment

• rij73
                • Apr 2004

Damn! Now it's not working again. Back to the same old problem from yesterday. Spoon, HELP!

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

Interesting, it gives me something to pin it down with, give me a little time and I will stick it in a debugger.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rij73
                    • Apr 2004

thanks! let me know...

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

Should be fixed in dAP R3 Beta 5 (in beta section of forum).
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• rij73
                        • Apr 2004

Thanks! It seems to work consistently now. I'll let you know if there are any more problems with that feature.

Comment

Working...

]]>