title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

A couple of questions

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShaneR

• Apr 2004

A couple of questions

Hello all

I;ve just recently downloaded both the converter and the lastest beta of the player. (I've used both off and on over the last year or 2). couple of questions:

1) what type of DSPs can we look forward to? Ie..is spoon planning on coding current DSPs to be compatible...or make his own?

2) How much of a difference should the 24bit DSP make? I have an Maudio audiophile, and don't really notice much of a difference in the output with this active...the equalizer seems to have the same effect with the DSP on or off.

Anyway...just a couple of quickies.

Thanks for some great software...I finaly chose to get serious abour adding my collection on to my computer using Monkey's audio..chose these two programs for the honour

Thanks!
    Shane.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: A couple of questions

hi shaner, and welcome to dbpoweramp family and forum .

i'm not sure what Spoons plans are for developing DSP effects but i do know at some stage he will make it so most 3rd prty DSP mod's will plug into dbpoweramp. as there are a gazillian DSP effects out there it would make sense to see dbpoweramp DSP friendly.

if you download the 30 day trial powerpack you will see what dSP effects Spoon has already made. download powerpack

i can't comment on the 24 bit question but others will soon.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

ooops, i was talking more about directx pluggins and asio.

Comment

• ShaneR

• Apr 2004

Thanks for the welcom and replies Razgo

LOL...yeah, I figured that's what you were talking about . For music playback, I was only curious about the ones that "improve" the sound...DFX and the like (don't really like DFX but the only example I can think of)...But, as I listen, I don't think I need one ...the sound is dead on for me (just need to upgrade my speakers)

I have a rack of Direct X and other effects with my music software (Sonar etc)...would kinda neat to play with those and "remaster"...

Anywho...Thanks!

ShaneR

Comment

• ferris209
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by ShaneR

I have a rack of Direct X and other effects with my music software (Sonar etc)...would kinda neat to play with those and "remaster"...

Anywho...Thanks!

ShaneR
          Howdy Shane!,
          I quized Spoon a few months back about DIrect X plugins and he inquired pretty seriously about them, see this thread

If possible, I would like to see DBpoweramp configured so that it will actively utilize the BBE Sonic Maximizer Plug-in. I think that would give one heck of a boost to the music played with DBpoweramp.

(hey, I was a guest back then!)

I sent him develpoer stuff so he could do it, he told me he would work on it, but seeing as how he is a pretty busy man with lots of other stuff on his to do list, it may be a while until we see Direct X plug-ins, but at least we can rest well with the knowledge that we will see driect-x plug-ins.

Brandon

Comment

• ShaneR

• Apr 2004

Hey, Brandon

Very interesting. I'll look forward to see what Spoon comes up with

As it stands right now, I'm thrilled. I just wanted a program that could play my music well and allow me to organize it efficiently--found it! Also, add the converter to the mix, and I'm all set

Long story short, I wasn't looking for a program that could do everything but wipe my butt...LOL...If Spoon never adds anything "Major" again, He'd still have an awesome set of tools. Doesn't mean I wouldn't play with the new goodies, just that I'm satisfied...make sense? lol...it's late and I just got off work...Shoulda warned you about the rambling before hand rather than making everyone read this far

Thanks!
            Shane
            Last edited by ShaneR; April 16, 2004, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>