title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Visualisations

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kweller
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Visualisations

Are there any programs 'out there' that can monitor the output from dAP and put visualisations on the screen like Windows Media Player?
    Last edited by kweller; April 15, 2004, 10:38 AM.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Visualisations

i couldn't find it but someone here posted a link to a 3rd party software that supposed to work fine.

edit/ found it :D visuals
    Last edited by Spoons; April 15, 2004, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• donny
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Oct 2002

Yup, G-Force and WhiteCap can surely do the job :D

Comment

• kweller
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Razgo
        edit/ found it :D visuals
        That is quite stunning

Thanks.

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

But do either G-Force or Whitecap actually have versions that will adapt their visualizations to what dAP is playing? I know that both exist as stand-alone programs (which provide great visualizations but the visualizations are not based on what dAP is playing). There are versions of both for MusicMatch and (I believe) WinAmp that coordinate the the visualization to the music being played. Has this capacity been developed for dAP over the past year? It would be nice to have the option of having integrated visuals for dAP for those who have the resources for them (though I will settle for great sound any day).
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• kweller
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

> the visualizations are not based on what dAP is playing

Do you mean visualisations based on the genre or just on the output? If it's the latter G-Force does this. Look at the instructions for running it as a stand-alone application.
            Last edited by kweller; April 17, 2004, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• donny
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Oct 2002

I'm not sure what you are asking, but visuals are really for the music playing on the PC... now you can't get the info about the song directly from the visuals, but that is the only difference between playing with the (for instance) winamp version and the stand-alone version....

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2002

I'll check the G-Force Read-Me and check it out. Perhaps I missed something when I ran G-Force as a stand-alone but it was my distinct experience that therer was a dramatic difference between running G-Force as a stand-alone (where it really acted more like an abstract screen saver) and running it as an integrated part of MusicMatch (where the visualizations were clearly mutating in response to the music).
                But I will go back and check it out since, as I say, I may have overlooked something.
                Best wishes,
                Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• RossRoy
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2003

Usually, with these standalone visualisation software, you sort of "hook it up" (vistually of course) to whatever the output on the soundcard mixer is, like on a recent SoundBlaster, it's called the "WhatYouHear" mixer. The downside, usually, is a slight delay between when you "hear" the sound and actually "see" it, as opposed to having it directly integrated with the player, like WinAmp or MusicMatch, which feeds the viz as it plays the file.

Comment

• donny
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Oct 2002

and it is important how high is the sound level... in both of these (I think) when you press h you get help with all the keyboard shortcuts... now there is a shortcut for sample amplitude... you should mess around with it until you get the right amount of "response" from the prog... although I know a few of my friends had problems configuring it... I think it was sound card problems...

Comment

• xoas
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2002

I got it figured out. Thanks to all of you for dispelling my lack of understanding in this.
                      Best wishes,
                      Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

Working...

]]>