title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Keyboard issue

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrWills

• Mar 2004

Keyboard issue

Sometimes when i'm running dAP R3 Beta4, typing on the keyboard causes the playback to stutter slightly. It doesn't happen very often but it's really annoying. Any suggestions?
    thanks for the great program.
    Si
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Keyboard issue

Which Windows version? how fast your computer? and what program are you typing into?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrWills

• Mar 2004

I'm running WinXP SP1 on an Athlon 3200XP. The stuttering happens in any program, even on the desktop. It only happens rarely any stops if i restart the computer, but i'd like to be able to sort it permenantly.

thanks
      Si

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Have a look if there are any newer drivers for your Sound Card.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrWills

• Mar 2004

Hi,
          i think i've got the latest drivers (i'm using nForce 2 onboard sound btw), the nvidia website doesn't give any newer ones, neither does windows update.
          Do you think it could be a hardware conflict, the keyboard seems to be interrupting the audio stream?

thanks
          Si

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It might be related to the hard disc saving something? swap file? what memory (MB) do you have?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MrWills

• Mar 2004

1GB.

Si.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

I am pretty much out of ideas (check there is not other program running that is doing something on keypresses, bring up task manager and start end-tasking stuff (leave explorer.exe)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

i dont know eithyer, but it does sound like windows software not recognizing your hardrive space properly. but XP should not be a problem though. i only had this prob with win98se and a 80GIG drive where i needed a windiws driver to recognize the larger drive otherwise it would stutter all the time.

Comment

• ferris209
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Oct 2003

You could check the processes, I noticed that upon a fresh re-boot my Dbpoweramp runs on High priority, I usually bring it down to Above normal or even normal and things work fine. On Windows XP push ctrl+alt+del and bring up the task manager, click on the processes tab and then go to amp.exe and right click "Set Priority" and see what it is already set on. If it is showing below normal or normal, set it up one to Above normal or High, I've never tried Realtime, but I've heard this will almost cause the CPU to keel over. You could also check the other processes you are running and make sure no one program is eating all your cpu's energy. Maybe this will work, maybe it won't either way, it can't hurt.

Comment

• MrWills

• Mar 2004

Hi,
                      thanks for your ideas, think i've tried most of them already but i'll have another look next time it happens and post back if i find anything new. As i said it doesn't happen very often anyway and rebooting sorts it out.
                      cheers
                      Si

Comment

Working...

]]>