title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

rating type for skins

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

rating type for skins

thanks for the feedback. even though the site is not finished i needed the feedback to start flowing now so we can sought out all the niggly bits.

also always make sure you all keep a copy of your submitted review incase it gets deleted.

so lets name the ratings and different ratings so we can see what it all may look like.

currently

Rating type ONE
    1. Did you like this skin?
    skins

answers a: no rating (means no star will appear for this rating type) b. fantastic. c: don't give up your day job. d: what were you thinking. e: it is doable. f: good

Rating Type TWO
    2. is this skin easy to use?
    was this skin easy to install and navigate?

answers: a: horrible. b: difficult at first. c: not too bad. d: easy for the most part. e: easy as pie.

Rating Type THREE
    3. how do you rate the originality of this skin
    how original is this skin.

answers: a: it's a copy of another skin. b: it's a skin based on another product. c: it has similarities to another skin/product. d: it's over 50% original. e: this is a genuine original skin.

Rating Type FOUR
    4. how complete is this skin?
    is this skin complete and functional from a to z?

answers: a: if it were any less complete it wouldn't be a skin. b: the amp is complete but that's all. c: the amp and playlist is complete. d: the amp/playlist/system tray is complete. e: amp/playlist/system tray/MMC/EQ is complete.

let's work on this list on what needs adding or subtracting or further understanding.

Originality has an awful lot of dimensions to it which may not be immediately apparent to the average reader of reviews
    this can easily be sorted by making sure i have a clear fefinition on it's meaning for the purpose of the skin itself.

my intention or definition of originality in this case basically means was it a copy of another skin from another audio player and was it a copy of an actual product like pioneer stereo player. this is as opposed to a skin that is basically has no direct liking to another product and or skin. thus making it an original design that hasn't been made before.

Billot Alloy falls into the Original catagory and pioneer would fall into the non original catagory. however you could make a pioneer skin but 50% of it is stuff you have made up youself. that would be a skin based on pioneer. and i would rate it at maybe 3 star for originality.

that is my line of thought on that one anyway.

I would like to see this site take over from the old Skins site as quickly as practical
    yes so do i. however it has taken me months just to get this far. although the bulk of it is done now there is still a way to go yet. and if we can tackle one thing at a time i am sure it will all happen in good steed. (hey i found a use for the word steer) :D (i have been doing crossword puzzles)
    Last edited by Spoons; March 03, 2004, 05:26 PM.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: rating type for skins

i split off this post to get the discussion on rating types going. it is 5 days old and not resolved. at this rate the skin site should be finishes by year 2020 :D :teufel8: j/k

Comment

Working...

]]>