title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Dead spots on skins due to Font icon

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narler
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Dead spots on skins due to Font icon

Hey Y'all,

Just something I noticed while creating a skin or two.

To display Labels, you have to use the Font object, else the labels will be void of content. That's fine there's no problem there, I think that's a cool idea as you can use multiple fonts very easily.

Anyways onto the subject line. When a skin is made and the FONT object is placed on the skin, when the skin is loaded into dBpowerAMP, wherever the FONT object was located on the skin, you Won't be able to use LMB click and hold to move the skin around the screen. This area of the skin seems to be *dead*.

I guess you could always cheat and place the FONT object ontop of a Scope or Spectrum that don't allow LMB click and hold to move dBpowerAMP.

Ok well just thougth I'd share that bit of info with everyone.

Oh and Spoon, there's no need to make any modifications to change this, as it's easily overcome by careful placement of the FONT object.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Well you learn something new every day. One thing you can do with the font object is to move it off the skin completely.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Narler
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

hehe, yes Spoon, that's what I've done for my latest skin. Just have to make sure that when you create the font object that it is initially placed on the skin that it's going to be used on, else it won't be associated with that skin, then it can be moved off the skin to somewhere else in the skin designer.

Oh just on that point, had you noticed that?.. If I have FONT1 associated with the <ISAMPWINDOW> skin, and I create another skin (say the equalizer) that also uses labels. If I set the labels on the equalizer skin to use FONT1, nothing is shown. Each skin has to have it's own FONT object?.

But as I mentioned above, that isn't a problem when designing skins, just has to be taken into consideration.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes each skin needs its own font object.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>