title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Drivers for Yepp 700

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tully

Drivers for Yepp 700

Hi, I'm a newbie here and just discovered your program. I like the look of it but because I have a Yepp 700, I can't use it. Do you anticipate creating drivers for this mp3 player??
    I'd love to be able to use your program.
    Thanks,
    Tully
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

The honest answer would be 'I don't know'.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• totalXSive
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

You could try the drivers for the Yepp E series, though I wouldn't know if they will work. If the software you have is anything like the Yepp Explorer that came with my Yepp E-64, I feel for you - that program is awful.

Comment

• Tully

Actually, I tried the Yepp E drivers and that didn't work. The Yepp 700 connects via the USB port. That doesn't seem to be an option in the Yepp E. I only see an LPT option and the device itself is not listed after the program search.
        Yes, my options are the RioPort program which is horrible or the Yepp Explorer which isn't a whole lot better.
        I've been trolling the internet for the last 2 weeks looking for an alternative and the Sveta looked the most promising. A co-worker also just purchased a Yepp 700 and he's looking as well.
        I used that Rioport program 5 years ago and it isn't any better today than it was then.

So, Spoon, if I promised you my first-born child would you develop drivers for the Yepp 700, then????????? I swear, I'd buy it!
        Tully

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Getting drivers is partly down to opportunity. I have not come across an instance where Samsung has helped any developer create drivers for their products, it is normally down to the linux community to reverse engineer the commands.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>