title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Interface confusion

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Interface confusion

I think I want to use dAP in place of Winamp - but I'm in an environement in which I have to be able to explain how to use the player to non-technical types, and I don't sufficiently understand the dAP interface. Points of confusion:

1. What is meant to happen when the >> button is pressed in Main Amp? the help says "Skips current track, next track depends upon how is configured dAP - more about this later", but I can't find more.

2. The "play" button in the playlist editor does not start playing the current playlist as I would expect it to. I'm not sure exactly what it does - most of the time it seems to restart the currently playing track.

3. Is there a way to view dAP's queue?

Thanks-
    Pat Santucci
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Re: Interface confusion

1. the next track is
    a) the next one in the queue
    b) if the queue is empty, then a random one from the MMC if the random mode is on

2. I'm not sure what is going on on your PC - here when I press play - it plays - explain more...

3. The built in way is in the MMC - the lower display - all of the queue is there...
    the other way is to use QueMaster (add-on app) which is (more or less) writen for that...

Comment

• Unregistered

2. I'm not sure what is going on on your PC - here when I press play - it plays - explain more...
      I expected it to play the currently loaded playlist, starting at the top. It always plays *something*, but usually it restarts whatever track was playing when I pressed play.

3. The built in way is in the MMC - the lower display - all of the queue is there...
      the other way is to use QueMaster (add-on app) which is (more or less) writen for that...
      Thanks - I'll check it out!
      Pat

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

about 2)
        well what you are expecting is what is happening on my PC ... playing the playlist from top to bottom....
        Are you shure the playlist is valid? - meaning that it points to existing files? Try loading it to another program and see if it will play it....

Comment

• psantucc

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by donny
          about 2)
          Are you shure the playlist is valid? - meaning that it points to existing files? Try loading it to another program and see if it will play it....
          Yes. WMP and Winamp play the playlists.

But in DAP, this is what happens, on two different computers (Win98 and Win2K):

I boot the computer.
          run playlist editor from the Start menu
          Load a playlist different from the playlist I last used
          Press play in playlist editor
          DAP plays the first file in the last playlist I used, NOT the one currenly displayed in playlist editor.
          press play in playlist editor
          DAP Plays the next file in the "Old" playlist - not the one currently shown in playlist editor!

Does no-one else see ths behaviour?

Thanks-
          Pat (registered at last)

Comment

• donny
            dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

will check this out...
            this extra data will help a lot to fix the problem

Comment

• donny
              dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Sorry it took so long, but I don't know what to say - I can't detect the behevior...

check what does the qued files list look like (in MMC or QueMaster)

Try to turn off playlist editor when you load the new playlist, then start it again... then i guess it will work...
              Also the behavior you noticed when you play next time is also normal, cause this is what happens: 1)it ques the playlist 2)skips the track playing

And you might as well load the playlist editor from a skin (most of then have a button for this) instead of going round and around the start menu

Comment

Working...

]]>