title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

My Music Collection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • petriburg

My Music Collection

I've been very happy with all aspects of dMC and dAP for some months now, and this question in no way should reflect adversely on your program.
    I am wondering whether there is a way I could switch from MMC to another mp3 collection program for evaluation purposes?
    I have downloaded another program, but the selections will not play in dBAudioPlayer - but if I untick the m3u tick box in the dbpa file allocation window, these selections play in (yuk) Windows Media Player.
    I'd like them to play in dBpoweramp, and to be able to switch between collections.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

I am not sure I get the full gist of the question, you are after playing My Music Collection in another program, or changing the associations between programs. If it is the latter, you would have to first uncheck the option in dAP, then go to the program you want to set it up for, there should be an option to associated with said program.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• petriburg
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

playlists

Hi, Spoon, thanks for your reply. In order to clarify my query, I'll explain further. It was recommended to me that I try an mp3 organiser/playlist program called MoodLogic, which I downloaded and installed (it is a freebie). It has a few features which are different from the MMC playlist, and is a bit more idiot friendly (as opposed to your MMC user friendly), which appeals to an old bugger like me! The problem is that it won't play in DAP - I unticked the box in dBpa file associations, but doing this makes MoodLogic play its selections through windows media player (perish the thought).
      There is no equivalent file association selection tickbox in the MoodLogic window, so I was wondering how to make it do its thing in DAP, if this is possible. If it isn't, I'll just have to make a bigger effort to get familiar with MMC, won't I?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Understood

I don't think Moodlogic will be able to play thorugh dAP, well not easily.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• petriburg

associating a "foreign" playlist with dAP

Thanks for your earlier replies. The main reason for my wanting to use MoodLogic to create playlists is that it doesn't make any changes to the way my files are listed on my hard disc whereas, dBMMC does. Since I print out a catalogue of my mp3s at regular intervals, this means re-editing the files (all 3000+ of them) to retain a similar format.
          Now, what is the problem, exactly? MoodLogic creates two separate windows, one called "my active music", in which all mp3s which it has identified, tagged and classified by genre & type (i.e. easy listening, country, etc.) are placed, and the other window is "activation centre" where all unidentified/untagged music is held.
          Once moodlogic has run through the files and listed them, one tries to play the music. Now, what happens is this. If I double click on any file in "activation centre", it plays in dAP, no probs.
          But if I select a file from the playlist window ("my active music"), nothing happens.
          If I deactivate dAP in the file associations window of the configuration dialog box, and then retry to play the same mp3, it plays - in Windows Media Player. Is there not some way I can reverse this action, and make it play in dAP? I'd really appreciate an idiot's guide to how to fix it, if possible!

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It could be how Moodlogic handles playlist items, is dAP set up to play playlists?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• petriburg

Yes, spoon, all tickboxes in the file associations dialog box and playlist box are ticked as play in dAP. btw, another check which I ran is, I created a text file as test.m3u, saved it to desktop, then I clicked on it, and dAP opened. Don't quite get the value of this myself, but somebody told me to do it, and I did! Hope it has some significance

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Must be something to do with moodlogic internally then.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sourcemp3
                  • Dec 2002

Same Problem!

Hello,

I'm having the exact same problem with MoodLogic. I contacted ML, and they said it was the way that dBpoweAMP is associated with the extension (M3U).

If MoodLogic and dBpowerAMP can work together, that'll be absolutely fantastic. But for now, I'm still searching around for answers.

I'm hoping there is another way to configure the way dBpowerAMP is associated with certain file types.

Here is the response I received from MoodLogic pertaining to this matter:

We have heard of other people having problems with dbpowerAMP. What it
                  comes down to is that dbpowerAMP's implementation of playing M3Us
                  (playlists) is not fully adhering to the standard and as such it
                  cannot play the M3Us generated by MoodLogic. Winamp and Windows media
                  player can without a problem but for some reason dbpowerAMP lacks in
                  this department. We have let the makers of dbpowerAMP know about this
                  via one of our users but they have not done anything about it as far
                  as I know. Perhaps you could ask them whether they could fix the
                  problem.

P.S. How do you go about profiling your songs? That is, creating a text document with all of the organized names correct?

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

They are just blagging you off...

dAP uses something called a ContextMenuHandler, which is basically a Comm object (that is why in the right click menu Play in dAP has a nice icon). It is a much more advanced and better way of doing it - ie if you select 1000 files and right click Play in dAP - Windows Calls the comm object with a list of 1000 files. The old way of doing it - which is the only way Moodlogic supports...is to run an executable with the command line, the only problem is for 1000 files dAP would be loaded 1000 times.

BTW it is not about standards, but they have to emulate both ways if they want to act like windows does, which they are not.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sourcemp3
                      • Dec 2002

Thanks For Clarification

Okay, I now understand this a bit better now.

But, is there no way to create a good "middle" file association. Isn't this where the problem is?

Jeff

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Unfortunately you are not allowed to do both.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sourcemp3
                          • Dec 2002

Okay! Thanks

Thanks for your help! Without it I'd be looking everywhere. I know now that if it can't be done, i'll have to compromise until ML does get it working with dBpowerAMP.

Until this issue is resolved, I will have to use another program to test the music I'm organizing. (*Nuts!)

BTW - Do you know of any other really good music organizers?

Thanks again for the support - it is much appreciated!

Jeff

Comment

Working...

]]>