title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

EQ Presets

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marinegundoctor

• Jun 2002

EQ Presets

Is there any downloads for more EQ presets?
    thanks
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

not as far as I know. what pre sets where you after in particular?

I was going to make some 20 band pre sets, but haven't got around to it yet. do you use the "save your own pre set" function?

Comment

• marinegundoctor

• Jun 2002

Not really. I've just recently started using dBpowerAMP.

Comment

• Unregistered

ok, well if you click on the EQ button on dap music player it will open the EQ screen. then click on "load" on the EQ screen and try the different EQ presets from there.

I'm not sure if the EQ is at it's perfect just yet as I do have trouble trying to get the best EQ setting myself. I think Spoon was going to develope it further? not sure.

But try the presets out and see how that goes. I prefere to use the 20 band EQ myself which is availible on some skins in the skin download section here on the forum.

Comment

• marinegundoctor

• Jun 2002

that sounds great. thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The Eq is not as good as it can be, so here is the master plan:

For a start it is slightly out on the frequencies, also I intend to put the number of delaylines in the FIR filter tap upto 16,000. Right now they are 4x less, this should give a more accurate and better sounding eq.
            Finally, for those with a sound card that can output to 24 bits, I will create an option so the 16 bit data goes into the eq, and comes out 24 bits, this has an advantage because the primairy function of an eq is to increase certain frequency bandsand a problem with doing it on 16 bit data is that it has no or little room to grow.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

this is good news.

yes there is definatley something wrong with the EQ freq.

trying to configure for pop/rock it comes out all distorted.
              seems ok for the higher freq though.

something else I only just found out too. after I saved my presets then reloaded them, the boost control defaults to 100%

then after speaking to Narler we found out after you make your presets you have to then select dap menu>>graphic equalizer then make sure the boost control is ok there. then go back and it will save with the correct boost setting. oh and if you are using a 20 band EQ and then select menu>>EQ only 10 bands show up not 20.

just wondering how the extra EQ in the menu has an effect on the EQ in the main player? I guess it is reflecting the settings in the main amp except the vol boost?

I think I will wait until the EQ is fixed before I make anymore.

Comment

• Razgo
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Spoon, while your tweeking things in the EQ area is it possible to add more EQ settings? I love the 20 but, 30 or 40 0r 50 or hell a 256 band EQ would be awsome!

I would probably need a standalone PC to run a 256 band EQ in dap but hey you never know :happy:

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

another question on the EQ settings.

when designing a skin there doesn't seem to be a way to tell what the freq hetz settings are?

you have written in your 10 band EQ

60 hertz
                  170 hertz
                  310 hertz
                  600 hertz
                  1 k/hz
                  3 k/hz
                  6 k/hz
                  12 k/hz
                  14 k/hz
                  16 k/hz

what are the freqencies for the other 10?

and a side note, the skin designer download has been gone now for sometime.

thanks.

Comment

• Razgo
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

ok i found the skin-designer in the skins download forum :rolleyes:

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

They will be the values half way between the other two.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

Sorry Spoon, I'm not sure what your saying?

Comment

• Razgo
                          Administrator
                          • Apr 2002

I just read a pdf file on "Universal maximally flat lowpass FIR systems, IEEE Tans. SP, pp. 1956-1964, 2000".

and also found a website that has an online realtime java applet that can use this applet to get impulse response coefficients and plot the frequency response of maximally flat filters of any type.

now if this is some of the stuff you have to understand before you even learn how to code it into dap,

then my by hat goes off to you spoon!

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Yep, it does my head in
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Narler
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
                              They will be the values half way between the other two.
                              So a 20 band equalizer covers the same frequency range as the 10 band equalizer ?.. (from approx 60 hz to 16 khz) Is that what you're saying?.. Except the extra 10 settings are 1/2 incriments?

I just tested something and it doesn't seem to be functioning like that:

Here's the 10 band EQ from RMB clicking on dBpowerAMP with a skin that uses a 20 band EQ.

See how I've set it so that the 60hz and the 16khz sliders are at Maximum. BUT look at the EQ Line?.. it's saying that 16khz is ONLY half way in the frequency range?

Now this is what my 20 band eq shows:

As you can see the same sliders are at maximum and it does reflect that on the EQ line (in proportion to the fact that there are an additional 10 bands on the EQ). The EQ line looks exactly the same as it does on your 10 band EQ. It looks as if the additional 10 bands are all higher frequencies than 16khz ?

If the 20 band EQ is in 1/2 frequency increments of the 10 band. Then the LAST slider on the 10 band should be equal to the LAST slider on the 20 band?..

I don't see that in my tests.
                              Last edited by Narler; June 18, 2002, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>