title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Use Monkeys Audio codec in Player?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDS

• Jan 2004

Use Monkeys Audio codec in Player?

I've been trying to play Monkeys Audio (.ape) files. I the downloaded codec but can't find any way to play the files. Can this be done with the Audio Player, and, if so, what's the trick?

Thanks,
    Clay
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru

• Aug 2002

Re: Use Monkeys Audio codec in Player?

As long as you install the MonkeyAudio codec into the same location as dMC and dAP they should both be able to use it.

You might like to run the File Associations application that came with dAP and check that dAP has been properly associated with the .ape files.

Have you tried, whilst in Windows Explorer, right-clicking on a .ape file and selecting Play in dAP?

Wayne

Comment

• CDS

• Jan 2004

Wayen, thank you for your answer, it was helpful.

powerAmp uses the Monkey codec without issue. Player does not and though it says "Play in dAP" it won't, nor will it enque it by any means.

I loaded powerAmp first then the Player some days later. Maybe I should remove and reinstall them at the same time?

Comment

• CDS

• Jan 2004

uh .... and I should ask before I change the spelling of your name? Sorry about that!

Comment

• Wayne
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Aug 2002

Did you install all the items into their default installation locations? Have you installed any other codecs and are they okay?

Wayne

Comment

• zevele1

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Wayne
            Did you install all the items into their default installation locations? Have you installed any other codecs and are they okay?

Wayne

Can be a problem with encoder version

If you have APE encoded with the last beta codex and the last official codex in dbPower, you cannot play or convert the files

Go to BETA section on this forum

Remove your APE codex in dbPower
            Download the new one from the link
            Install it .

If your problem the same than me not long ago, it will work

Comment

Working...

]]>