title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DbPowerAmp 'Hijacks' Volume Control

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moosey

DbPowerAmp 'Hijacks' Volume Control

Hello. I use a Dell Inspirion 8500 laptop (and please dont comment on dell, ive heard enough bad things about them, ok?) and I recently installed DbPowerAmp. My problem: I have to volume buttons on my keyboard, used for adjusting computer volume, but when I installed DbPowerAmp, these didnt seem to adjust the computer volume, but the volume of DbPowerAmp ONLY. After I uninstalled and rebooted, it worked again. Now, I would really like to try out DbPowerAmp, but if I cannot solve this problem, it will just go to my Recycle Bin. Any Help?

Many Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: DbPowerAmp 'Hijacks' Volume Control

I don't see a way around it short of an option, if Windows Media Player is running it will do the same as dAP.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Moosey

Well, strange things is, Media Player doesnt do it. And the volume controls are dodgy even when DbPowerAmp is off, they only revert back to normal once i uninstall it and reboot.

Well.. Im if theres no way around... oh well... I'm still a huge fan of the Music Converter.

Comment

• donny
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

did you try to put dap output to DirectX instead of Wave? And also check the keyboard shoutcuts ....

Comment

Working...

]]>