title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

can't figure out how MMC works

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • newbie to AP

can't figure out how MMC works

Hi there. I've been feeling extremely incompetent lately. I love all of DB's products, found them to be excellent quality and performance. Decided to chuck Winamp and try DB Audio Player. I'm afraid that DBAP is a bit too advanced for me. I loaded all of my music (6900 songs) into MMC. Unfortunately, DBAP assumes that all of the MP3 files are tagged properly. A lot of mine aren't or I have them in miscellaneous folders where I have only one or two songs from an artist. Sometimes I'm lazy and just want to click on the first song of an artist and have it play all the songs from that point on. DBAP only plays that one song unless I enqueue all of the artists songs. But then, once the songs are in the queue, how do you jump around and skip blocks of songs? I tried double clicking on the song I want to hear in the MMC playlist window. Nothing. If I press play, it just plays the next enqueued song, not the song I want to hear. Am I missing something fundamental? It took me forever just to play more than one song. Help me! I've tried the online help but it didn't explain how to control the MMC. I tried selective and selected one artist. It greyed out all the other artists but I still had to select all the tracks with my mouse and enqueue them. And it re-ordered them and as I stated before, I couldn't select specific songs that were enqueued. So I'm not quite sure what the benefit of the selection option is. I think I am missing some fundamental concepts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to go back to winamp but at this point, I spend 30 minutes just to play 2 songs in DBAP so I'm going to have to accept my winamp fate.
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2003

Re: can't figure out how MMC works

You could use the selective play as you did before, but make sure MMC is in random mode (next to the selective play button). That way, dAP plays randomly from everything in the MMC according to the selective play settings (I won't choose from the greyed out songs).

As for selecting a specific song to play from what you have enqueued.. that's not implemented yet. You only have to ways to force a song to play, that's skip each song up to the one you want to hear (assuming you have it in the enqueue list) or double click it in the MMC window.

Or, you can always drag&drop files on the player from explorer if it's easier for you.

Comment

• irisclara

• Aug 2003

Re: can't figure out how MMC works

In the beta forum Donny has a program called quemaster that addresses this very issue. It is, however, a separate program that you would have to run.
      The dBplayer seems to be oriented toward random play of the entire MMC. The random play setting here replaces continuous play that would just play all tracks in order. There is no regular continuous play function yet.
      Perhaps the tracks in the queue are getting re-ordered because of the way you select them. I have noticed that the tracks queue in the order they are selected so if you click on track 1 then shift-click on track 8 that's how they enter the queue. If you start at track 8 the go in backward.
      On another note, until you tag your tracks you could set the "filename" column to be first on your MMC screen and get rid of some of the unnecessary columns. This could make it easier to find things.
      I love my dBplayer, but I still keep winamp around to stream audio and make on-the-fly playlists.
      Maybe Spoon is trying to teach us the zen of mp3s All music is one in the sea of music. Or Make the playlist then let it go.

Comment

Working...

]]>