title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No Sound from CD Headphone Jack

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

No Sound from CD Headphone Jack

(Please disregard "Hagar" title--I misunderstood)
    New to dAP. I often like to listen with headphone plugged into CD drive rather than via sound card, but I get no sound from the headphone jack when playing a CD with dAP. How can I fix?
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2003

Re: No Sound from CD Headphone Jack

That's a windows function. Windows is probably configured to read the audio digitally from the CD (same way as when you rip it). I'll need to know your windows version to guide you to the place to set it back to analog.

But, if you know your way around a computer, go to the Hardware or Device Manager (right-click "My Computer" then PROPERTIES, then it's a tab there) and look for your CD-Rom reader in the list of devices, go to it's properties and there will be a tab called PROPERTIES, and it will have a check box for digital audio reading. Uncheck it and your CD headphone jack should work again.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

dAP will only read the Audio CD digitally and play it through the sound card.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by RossRoy
        That's a windows function. Windows is probably configured to read the audio digitally from the CD (same way as when you rip it). I'll need to know your windows version to guide you to the place to set it back to analog.

But, if you know your way around a computer, go to the Hardware or Device Manager (right-click "My Computer" then PROPERTIES, then it's a tab there) and look for your CD-Rom reader in the list of devices, go to it's properties and there will be a tab called PROPERTIES, and it will have a check box for digital audio reading. Uncheck it and your CD headphone jack should work again.

Comment

• Unregistered

RossRoy, I followed your instruction, could find no option in Properties for
          selecting/deselecting digital. My OS is Win98SE. If I read Spoon correctly,
          listening through CD drive's headphone jack is not possible.

Comment

Working...

]]>