title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Wiring diagram for JazPiper / MPIO SV / Cabo data cable?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • egg

• Aug 2003

Wiring diagram for JazPiper / MPIO SV / Cabo data cable?

HI, I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to do a wiring diagram for the JazPiper (MV32, iMV32U or MVR64P), Best Data Cabo 64 or MPIO SV player.

I have a JazPiper MVR64P but no data cable. I would be able to wire one up myself (probably by soldering wires into the unit) but I need to know which pin on the PC end of the cable goes to which end on the player end.

If anyone can help me, or could maybe sell me a cable cheaply, please e-mail me at eighty86six@hotmail.com

Thanks,
    Tim.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Wiring diagram for JazPiper / MPIO SV / Cabo data cable?

Don't think a wire diagram will help, the cable has some chips in it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

It would be useful if someone, anyone, could provide a source of supply for the darn things. Mine has been broken for months and I can't use my MV64 player, either.

Dngrsone {daniel.paradis@navy.mil}

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Your best bet would be ebay.com - they go very cheap these days (you would get a backup player at the same time).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• egg

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by Spoon
          Your best bet would be ebay.com - they go very cheap these days (you would get a backup player at the same time).
          The problem is I'm in Australia and I can't get a cable shipped from the US or anywhere else and most of the players are too expensive to buy and ship here anyway.

I have fairly good knowledge on electronics so building a cable would be no porblem. Even if I had to hardwire the cable to the player I'd do it and fit my own adaptor.

I'm guessing the JazPiper has it's own internal circuitry to deal with parallel and USB communication so it would just be a matter of making a pin diagram of the cable. For example: Parallel Pin 1 -> JazPiper Pin 3 etc. The little bulge on the cable doesn't hold any circuitry, it's just a filter.

If anyone has the USB cable it would be much easier (Only 4 wires to work out!)

Thanks
          Last edited by egg; December 07, 2003, 06:02 AM.

Comment

• unregistrared

try

They make reference to the data cable being back on sale "soon". My jazpiper 64 is a flawed gem, its an excellent player but there's no way I would buy another jazpiper the customer support is non-existant. I would love to know wether the damn thing can take 128mb smartmedia! And get an answer about its bugs. I'll use mine till it dies. Noticed some ominous radial cracks around the screws near the battery cover today...

Comment

• egg

• Aug 2003

Originally posted by unregistrared
              try

They make reference to the data cable being back on sale "soon". My jazpiper 64 is a flawed gem, its an excellent player but there's no way I would buy another jazpiper the customer support is non-existant. I would love to know wether the damn thing can take 128mb smartmedia! And get an answer about its bugs. I'll use mine till it dies. Noticed some ominous radial cracks around the screws near the battery cover today...
              It's been "Coming Soon" for the last 9 months or so.

Also the JazPiper and it's clones were said to only accept 32MB cards. If you know someone who has a 128MB card you could stick it in and see if it registers the extra memory. It probably won't damage the card in any way (I have a 32MB SMC that had pictures stored on it from my digital camera - i just put it in the JazPiper to see if it would register and it didn't damage any of the data on the card)
              Last edited by egg; February 02, 2004, 03:21 AM.

Comment

• Unregistered

Ha! 9 months! They must be more interested in their newer models - they seem to be developing new models, and now their newest the ubit32 and QX - without pausing to think about user support, its the same story as before isn't it? For any of the new range, even the BUY page is STILL under construction. Bah. Sorry for the useless advice then.

ps I'm actually using a no-name 64mb card in the player , have been doing so since I got the jazpiper (mvr64p)

I suppose there is no way other than to stick a 128mb card in and see what happens!!

Good luck with your search

Comment

Working...

]]>