title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What new Skins would you like ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narler
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

What new Skins would you like ?

Hi,

Just thought I'd make a poll to ask what type of Skins users of dBpowerAMP would like to see created.

If you have any other suggestions of topics, please post a reply message.

Cya
    People, Celebrities?
    5.56%
    Places, landmarks, Nature/Astronomy/planets
    0.00%
    Sci-Fi, Aliens, Starwars, etc.
    11.11%
    Military, guns, bombs, weapons
    0.00%
    Transportation, Aircraft, Boats, Cars, Skateboards
    0.00%
    Gothic, Medieval
    11.11%
    Computers & other Electronic Circuitry
    5.56%
    Real Life audio Equipment
    27.78%
    Something normal, with easy to use buttons and features.
    33.33%
    Your pet, or mother in-law
    5.56%
    Last edited by Narler; May 20, 2002, 01:50 AM.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

yes, i would like to see more planetary type skins, or at least another one like your "orbit" skin.

Comment

• Narler
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

Skin-Update

Ok Razgo I'll start work on an orbit skin soon.

To the person who selected "a normal and easy to use skin".. hopefully you'll like my Narler's X Skin (now available in the downloads section under Narler's Skins)

To the person who selected "celebrities", Please let me know which ones you want to see featured on a DAP skin and I'll make a skin for you.

To anyone else who's after a skin, just let me know what you want and I'll work something out.

cya

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Re: What new Skins would you like ?

Well here's a few other ideas:

There's your and my ideas in the following thread:
        I am writing to start a thread for folks who have ideas about skins but who (like myself) lack the time and know-how to act on our ideas to make our ideas more accessible to those folks who have the know-how to work on skins who may be on the look-out for new ideas. This should not be understood as some kind of custom order

(on page 2 of this Forum section).
        In addition to the Buddha idea, I also like your ideas, especially the "Ripple" skin.

Also I have gotten to thinking about a skin based on a well-known figure (say the Mona Lisa as a crayon drawing, John Cleese as Basil Fawltey, or some other cartoon figure) where clicking a button causes a written message to appear (for "pause" Mona might have a speech bubble appear that says "hold it right there" and for MMC she might say something like "I'd like to see your collection"). Of course I don't know if the "Speech" feature is technically feasible.

I have run across a graphic that I think would be the basis for a nice skin-I'd be glad to forward it. The design features lines of music with some other music-oriented features.

I have also been thinking that some type of mandala design might be nice.

Anyway, should ANY of these tickle your fancy I would be happy to see the result. I certainly respect the difference between being able to come up with an idea for a skin and being able to implement the idea.

I also will be happy to see whatever you come up with. BTW, did you ever complete thee revised NTM skin and is it available or was it a private job?

Best wishes,
        Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

Oh, yes. It also dawned on me that an update of one of your earlier skins along the following lines (see http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5053) might be appreciated by a special someone.
          Best wishes,
          Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Archon
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jul 2003

Maybe for a Game genre of skins?
            I know there is only one right now but there are 3 more incoming!(StarCraft, Diablo 2, Half-Life and posibly 1NSANE)
            And maybe an Abstract or 3D or somthing like that?

The speech bubble for pause is certanly posible although I am not sure for the MMC bubble...

Comment

• Archon
              dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jul 2003

Originally posted by xoas
              I have run across a graphic that I think would be the basis for a nice skin-I'd be glad to forward it. The design features lines of music with some other music-oriented features. .....

....Anyway, should ANY of these tickle your fancy I would be happy to see the result. I certainly respect the difference between being able to come up with an idea for a skin and being able to implement the idea.

Best wishes,
              Bill Mikkelsen
              I am quite busy right now but I would like to see the graphics that you talk about, and tell you what can be done with it.
              Yes the diference does matter but if you don't have one of them than you wont be able to make it. Skiners require both of those skills but two people can always unite and make a skin togheter ( althought that hasn't happened yet :()

Comment

• xoas
                dBpoweramp Guru

• Apr 2002

The speech bubble for pause is certanly posible although I am not sure for the MMC bubble
                I was thinking the speech bubble would only be temporary for the period of time the corresponding bubble is pushed since a button (if my understanding is correct) has 3 states: off-state, on state and a "button pushed" (or "mouse in contact with button") state. So MMC wouldn't actually be a bubble in its own right. Of course you could have a standard standing speech bubble for track information (or it could move across the scene behind Mona too).

Anyway, I digress.
                Best wishes,
                Bill Mikkelsen

Comment

• Archon
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Jul 2003

Yes you understod it well, it has 3 states, but they are: normal (not pressed), mouseover (when you hover over it) and pressed.
                  Still im not sure would it all work, since the buttons can't go one over another and all three states must be the same size. So it is imposible that way :(...
                  As I said, only the pause bubble can be done with another skin window with a "evtdBpause" show while tab....

Comment

Working...

]]>