title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

All sound files moved

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

All sound files moved

Is there a way to restore sound files to their original folders when all sound files have been moved to a specified dbpoweramp folder?
  • RossRoy
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2003

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Is there a way to restore sound files to their original folders when all sound files have been moved to a specified dbpoweramp folder?
    I guess you have used the "arrange files" option?

Anyway, no matter what you did, I don't think there is a way to automatically revert back to previous folders, unless you have a backup on removable media. You will have to do it manually.

Alternately, you could verify all the tags of your music files, make sure they are right, and then use the "arrange files" option from MMC in dbPowerAmp Audio Player to replace them in seperate folders by artists. It is also configurable, you could specify that you want them in artists folder, then each inside their own album folder.

Comment

• BestRip
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2002

As it happened I put in dAP in a friends computer and to be helpful I gathered all music files to the default directory C:\Music Files or something, searched the entire C-drive and collected-MOVED!!! ALL windows sounds (not what I had expected)... to that directory... - so none of the standard windows sounds worked after that...
      After having posted this from his computer and his reaction to hearing there are no more sounds in his computer he said: "great, only music! - fantastic!" I was so to speak saved by the bell, only there wasn't any... :D
      Saying this to warn anyone else... perhaps a warning in the program would be in place... And perhaps a setting to choose the file types to look for... Well anyway thank you for your reply RossRoy

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

that should not have happend.

it used to on previous versions but spoon fixed this so the default should be set "not to move" when using MMC search preference features.

it got a lot of complaints when it was set "to move" by default :D

Comment

• BestRip
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2002

Well it didn't say that by default... I changed it thinking only of MUSIC files... not all sound files...
          Brilliant I know... but after having fought off a Creative bitch installation that just would not uninstall I was not very careful any longer... Lucky anyway that he actually didn't mind... saw it as a pluspoint (I wouldn't have been that happy about it myself :D... )

Comment

Working...

]]>