title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Two outputs on different sound cards

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joerai24

Two outputs on different sound cards

I would like to know if it is possible to play songs on two different installed soundcards at the same time...

Does dbpower amp offer this possibility?

If yes - how would this be done? Maybe with Multiplayer?

Would need it for searching for other songs while playing one song.......
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Not really.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

i think the biggest problem there is you have to set your multimedia properties to choose which card will output the sound. and as far as i know windows will only allow one output?

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

unless your talking about playing a song on one card and recording on the other?

Comment

• RossRoy
          dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2003

I don't think it is possible to output from two different soundcards at the same time.

You can record with one while playing on the other, but you can't playback something with 2 different soundcards, windows is not built that way.

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Two outputs on different sound cards

Actually it is possible kinda simple really hook up your audio sources it being headphones speakers or whatever into each sound card get WinAmp play a file in WinAmp what ever it come through is the one you have to use for WinAmp you cant change the settings sry. No open Media Player go to tools, then to options then click the devices tab there should be one that says speakers in the list click it and choose the other audio out put device this works for me it good for throwing parties you need a pretty decent computer though this is a RAM hog, but if you like to DJ like me then it works pretty well and cost efficent. Hope this helps any1 who needs it.
            l8r - - nightdemon - -

Comment

• Hyrize

• Jul 2004

Re: Two outputs on different sound cards

If u're prepared to spend a little cash (or just live with the free trial) u should really check out virtual dj
              This is the reason i bought another sound card!

Comment

Working...

]]>