title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Auto Assigning Status of On Click Events for buttons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narler
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

Auto Assigning Status of On Click Events for buttons?

Hi Spoon,

One query on setting "Events On CLick" for Buttons

There are 3 options.
    TOGGLE, (user can turn on and off)
    SET, (user can only turn on)
    CLEAR, (user can only turn off).

However, is there a way, or will there be a way in the future, to assign a status to these. Hmm i don't think that sounds very clear, so say I have a button (set to toggle) on the mainamp skin, that allows the user to open another skin (say a skin that has the track info (name, artist etc) in it). Is there a way that when the skin is loaded, this window is automatically opened?.. so it is assigned a ON status by default?.. as by default they are all set to OFF. Yes i know the status is remembered for next time the skin is used, but I would like to set the Status on the first load.

WHY I hear you ask, ok, I'll give you one scenario.

I wish to have a popup skin with the details of the skin (ie author, notes, version etc), and also contain some hints, tips etc. but I would like to have it displayed the first time the skin is loaded, then the user can selectively turn it off and then it won't be shown again.

Does that make sense?

In summary is it possible to assign a ON status to a button, when the default is always OFF ?

Thanks in advance
    Narler
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Perhaps what is needed is an object that is called 'SetThisEvent' on for first load. But saying that it would only be for release 2, everyone with release 1 wouldn't get that.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Narler
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast

• Apr 2002

That's true, but that is also true for just about every other feature that's implemented, as backward compatibilty would be very difficult. However I think there would be a way around this:

In the skin files (or registry entries), (not sure where you store users settings, such as button status or skin position, but I assume registry). Couldn't you allow the next version to set button default status?

Say it's a registry entry that determines if a button is on or off, couldn't the new version skin designer ask for button start status and then have the skin installer modify that button status when it adds the new skin to the registry?

That way it would be backward compatible with release 1 of DAP, as DAP would just read the registry as it does now.

cya

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Yes that would work, I will note it down.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Re: Auto Assigning Status of On Click Events for buttons?

Originally posted by Narler
          That's true, but that is also true for just about every other feature that's implemented, as backward compatibilty would be very difficult. However I think there would be a way around this:

In the skin files (or registry entries), (not sure where you store users settings, such as button status or skin position, but I assume registry). Couldn't you allow the next version to set button default status?

Say it's a registry entry that determines if a button is on or off, couldn't the new version skin designer ask for button start status and then have the skin installer modify that button status when it adds the new skin to the registry?

That way it would be backward compatible with release 1 of DAP, as DAP would just read the registry as it does now.

cya

Comment

Working...

]]>