title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Spoon - Is there anyway to link a skin to a skin

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narler
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Spoon - Is there anyway to link a skin to a skin

Howdy,

I'm pretty sure the answer will be no on this, but I'm trying to get over the problem of closing one window only to have all windows that were opened from there, remain active.

Now I know this can be overcome if say you assign the skin to a UserDefined #, that way when you close the skin, all windows also close.

But if those windows are in the AMP section, is there anyway to allow the SHOW POSITION to accept skin names, other than being locked to Primary Window (which is <IsAmpWindow>) ?

For example.

On <isampwindow> there is a button which opens another window called USER-Test1. Now on USER-Test1 there is a button which opens another window called USER-Test2.

All windows are locked to Primary Window. Now the problem comes up, is if you close USER-Test1 (from the button on <isampwindow., it does indeed close, * BUT * USER-Test2 remains open, and now there's no way to close it unless you reopen USER-Test1 to click on the relevant button.

It would be awesome if there was an option to allow for skin names to be entered in the SHOW POSITION that way windows will remain with their parents, rather than forcing them to remain with grand(+)parents.

Just a thought. Probably my fault for trying to nest multiple windows .

In the Metalastic skin, I got over this really easily by not using Toggle buttons, so using a Clear and Set button prevented users from closing that window when I didn't want them to, but for the skin I'm working on at the moment, I can't adopt that approach.

Any thoughts?
  • Unregistered

Wow that is complex... I don't want to mess too much with the skin code as it can really bugger up.

Comment

• Narler
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Hi,

Yea I didn't think it would be a simple code change to implement that, but thought it was worth asking.

Anyways I've worked out a solution to cope with this, so it can be done with the existing skin designer features, just takes a little more work on the skin authors part.

cya

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

well you know what to do Narler, if you want to get into coding that is you might be amazed at some changes you could make :confused:

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

To get coding ... coding what?
          I'm maybe interested.... I know some programming, though not much expirience in this kind of stuff

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

don't mind me, i was just having a dig at Narler :D

he has many years of programming under his belt. even "raw assembly" language. which could explain any signs of obsessive/compulsive nature to perfect code

now a skin engine in "raw assembly language" would be a site to see :D

Comment

• donny
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Oct 2002

Got it now...
              ah, yes, raw asembly, I'm going to learn it in a year or two... I'm going to study programming on the faculty of science and mathematics in Novi Sad.

Comment

Working...

]]>