title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Who uses all the Modules dap offers?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Narler
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

Who uses all the Modules dap offers?

Hi,

I'm just curious. I see quite a few new skins and the authors have gone to lots of trouble skinning components of DAP that I never use, so I was curious to find out how many other users actually use these components or benefit from the authors time spent on those areas.

The components in question are:

( Gain access to these components by Right Clicking on dBpowerAMP, then select them from the menu )
    • AMP (where you can adjust volume / balance and output)
    • MULTIPLAYER (where you can adjust other stuff ?)
    • GRAPHIC EQUALIZER (gives you access to a 10band eq)
    • PLUG-INS (where you can add visuals and other plugins i guess)

(Gain access to these components directly from the skin buttons)
    • PLAYLIST (where you can select tracks to play )
    • MMC (where you can sort your albums[/b]
    • PREVIOUS PLAYED (right click on previous track brings up a playlist style screen where you can select tracks that have been played )

Personally to load new tracks or to play existing tracks, I prefer to either use Open, or just drag/drop from my filemanager as I find MMC and Playlist way to slow for adding new files.

(I was going to make this msg a poll, but i think the Poll only allows users to select one selection, so not much help)
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

AMP (where you can adjust volume / balance and output)

YES

MULTIPLAYER (where you can adjust other stuff ?)

YES i use the crossfade when selecting several songs to play.

GRAPHIC EQUALIZER (gives you access to a 10band eq)

YES, although the 20 band is preffered by me.

PLUG-INS (where you can add visuals and other plugins i guess)

pluggins is reletivly new for dsp effects. the headphones dsp is something i would use but not currentyly working 100% yet.

PLAYLIST (where you can select tracks to play )

YES

MMC (where you can sort your albums

YES, i live inside MMC

PREVIOUS PLAYED

NO.

Comment

• Paddy
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jan 2003

I personally don't use that much of what DAP offers. I just use the main AMP and MMC, sometimes the Mini Control and the OSD I added to my Digitalblade skin for viewing track info from away from the computer.

When I made my Digitalblade skin I just skinned everything to make a complete conversion (I had some spare time on my hands :D ) But I guess the same as me, most people don't use half of it.

Paddy

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

oh i forgot about the mini control. i use that one especially if using the dapxt "delux control".

Comment

• Narler
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Apr 2002

Razgo. don't forget i'm not talking about skin based components. (things that the skin author has added, such as mini onscreen controls, or fullscreen controls etc.) Mainly i'm referring to the ones you access from the DAP menu.

You mentioned you use the AMP and EQ from the dap menu, do you still use them even if the skin you have loaded has a 10 or 20 band eq with volume, position and balance control?

Because if you do then it's almost pointless spending time putting them in a skin if you prefer the menu screens instead to make your adjustments.

Comment

• Razgo
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

i'm not sure i follow? if you only mean the "right click menu" options, then the answer is still yes. I mainly use the skinners EQ but sometimes will switch to look at the EQ and adjust there as well. I Like EQ's!! can't you tell? :p :p

Yes I will use "AMP" to switch between "directx" and " "wave out". i test these all the time to note any differences.

Comment

• Razgo
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

and i aslo use the "credits" to try and beat previous scores in space invaders game. :p

Comment

• Paddy
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jan 2003

and i aslo use the "credits" to try and beat previous scores in space invaders game.
                Can you skin that? I guess you can change the sounds

Paddy

Comment

• Razgo
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

yeh i dunno, i guess a sound change would be cool though.

Comment

• Narler
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Apr 2002

It's pretty complicated. you need a Geforce 4 atleast for rendering. (with antiscopic filters and tri-linear buffers) :D

The game's no fun, cuz once you win, it just restarts back at the normal speed?.. should get faster Spoon

Comment

• Craze
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Oct 2002

The only thing I use the menu options for is getting to the Skins lists for the purpose of being able to switch skins.
                      I occasionally visit the Multiplayer if I want to switch from gapless to a crossfade set up.
                      Since I don't have any Plug-Ins, I can get to everything else from dAP buttons.

Craze

Comment

• BestRip
                        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                        • Jun 2002

Yes I will use "AMP" to switch between "directx" and " "wave out". i test these all the time to note any differences.
                        And do you find any differences?:confused: in sound or behaviour? I just never understood the difference other than that one of them worked poorly with the crossfade...

Comment

• donny
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Oct 2002

I use the manu a lot...
                          I don't use the EQ function so much, mostly I go to the menu to change skins or to change stuff about gapless and such ...
                          Prev. played is also used a lot on my pc, I don't know it's just interesting...
                          Playlist aren't so popular with me I create queues from MMC...
                          yes, the MMC that is very often used... very nice, the heart of the system, one of the things that makes dap so special....

and about that directx and wave .... I have noticed something, not in the quality of the sound but something about how the computer proceses it ... I can't remember what was it though... sorry

Comment

Working...

]]>