title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Vintage VU Meters

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craze
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Vintage VU Meters

Hi Spoon,
    I've noticed that the VU Meter as a default setting is non-functional in the Skin Designer. For I've never been able to see any changes when updating. The only options seem to be Scope and Spectrum. Just wondering if the VU Meter option has ever worked? :confused:

I was wanting to incorporate Vintage style VU Meters into my current skin (Curt's Golden Wonder) such as the ones at the following link.

I don't think dAP is configured to accept this particular free plug-in. (VTS)

Not being a programmer or software writer myself, is there a way to add this VU Meter option through the Skin Designer, or by any other means?

I think that it would be a nice option for those who grew up using these meters.

Thanks.
    Craze
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

to make the dap vu work you need to make a new spectrum object and then call it something like VUleft and then set the default view as VU and (in this case) the left chanell
    then it will work, there are a lot of examples in various skins

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

It is possible I could add analogue meters for a future release - basically you would have set a vu line start pos, and direction + length.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Craze
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Oct 2002

Thanks for the inputs...Donny & Spoon.
        But I've still not seen any skin with functional VU Meters. Everyone seems to be using the Scope & Spectrum as their meters.

I have been able to construct an additional working skin with this option.
        (Spoon: Look for an updated bin file from me shortly).

But there are no provisions that I can see in the Skin Designer that would allow me to input the VU indicator needles...or allow for the pivoting type swing action of a needle indicator.
        Would this need to be an additional skin of some sort laid over the metering window?

Thanks.
        Craze

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It would need a new Skin designer and dAP.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Craze
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Oct 2002

Thanks for the quick response Spoon.
            Maybe this can be added to one of the wish lists for future releases? Hope so.
            Keep up the great work that you do. We're all indebted to you.

Craze
            :D

Comment

• donny
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Oct 2002

All of my skins have VU's.... not as needles, but they do...
              Did you check out BestRipCDRed skin? it has various visuals...
              And check the latest version of Stereo Ga Ga (my latest skin) that has a few VU's (on the speakers, behind the cassette deck, on the visuals..)

Comment

• Craze
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Oct 2002

Hi Donny,
                Sorry about my error in stating I had seen no other VU's being used. I downloaded your StereoGaGa last evening to see what you had done. Great job! Lots of stuff going on in your design. Keep up the good work.
                Craze :D

Comment

• donny
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Oct 2002

Thanx!
                  I like to hear a word or two about my skins, especially when there nice.
                  Though I also like when someone tells me what he/she dislikes on my skins so that i could fix it or something

Comment

Working...

]]>