title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Stupid Question: How to stop it from playing on startup

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

Stupid Question: How to stop it from playing on startup

I apologize if this is an asinine quesiton, but the player always plays when I startup my computer, without any prompting from me.

How do I stop that?
  • MasterOfPuppets
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2002

If you have dBpowerAMP in the startup menu, you can go to Start --> Programs --> dBpowerAMP --> Configuration --> Install Options. Make sure 'Load dBpowerAMP when Windows Starts' is unchecked.

It's really not a stupid question at all, it isn't obvious that the install options can be changed after installation. What I'd like to see in the future is the ability to change them via the options menu in the audio player.

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

I just wanted to bring up what "MasterOfPuppets" said. is this still a possability to be introduced into the "menu" in dap? perhaps a button that says "options" or something, that would present a selectable tick box menu for install options.

I guess once we start dap why leave? :happy:

or does this make dap bloated adding these things?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not bloated rather 'not completed' until dap is restarted, I like to keep things in the menu that take effect straight away, most on the config program do not.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

thanks Spoon, i see what you mean now.

although it is much easier to just re start dap, particularly if you have a short cut key assigned to it. maybe i'm lazy but i just hate having to use "start-->programmes-->scroll-->dbpoweramp-->configurations

I guess i like to use dap to do everything for me :D

Comment

Working...

]]>