title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Media(Music only) Player

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FdW
    • Mar 2009

New Media(Music only) Player

Spoon,

Currently I am building a grid based Music player application. The player uses WMP (Windows Media Player) and this is not capable of playing one song into the next without a slight pause (it is not preloading). My plan is now to use uPlayer to play the music, if installed, and otherwise to default to WMP.

There is one problem with this plan, I can not use uPlayer because I need to be able to edit the playlist. To be able to do this I need one more properties and two more methods:

1: string[] uPlayer.PlayList // List of FileName’s
    2: uPlayer:PlayList.Add(string FileName)
    3: uPlayer:PlayList.Remove(int Index)

Before you say no  please have a look at the player application, it is an xcopy install, it creates the database from the media files that it can locate on disk, it has a very simple interface etc. etc…

When the application is finished I will publish it, free for any one to use it (you will need Windows (sorry for the unix/linux people [at the least for now])

If you are interested let me know, I can send you a copy of the current beta.

Regards,

Frans de Wit.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: New Media(Music only) Player

If you loook in %appdata% where the player gets its list of playlists from, you cna edit these files directly.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• FdW
      • Mar 2009

Spoon,

If I delete an item from the playlist file '(global)-queue.bin' in '%AppData%\dBpoweramp\uPlayer\' then it will quit playing the file (if it is the current playing file). And when I add a file name to the list '%AppData%\dBpoweramp\uPlayer\(global)-queue.bin' then the player will add it to the current play list?

Are there no sharing issues?

And a quick test revealed that I even can delete the file without the player stopping. When I queue 3 file, then have the first one playing, and then open the playlist with notepad, I can only see the next file to play (not the 3rd file already queued).

Clearly I am not understanding how this is suposed to work, can you explain this a little bit more?

Regards,
      Frans de Wit.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

With the player paused, try adding tracks through the command-line or scripting to see how those files work. There is more than one queue file.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>