title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC files not recognized by DAP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • atwaterkent
    • Dec 2008

FLAC files not recognized by DAP

First allow me to thank all those who have worked on the many aspects of DB Audio programs and projects.

I used the latest converter to convert over 1600 CDs to FLAC ... yeah it took a while....

It was petty straight foward and the additional CD ID features worked pretty well too.

I thought using DAP would be pretty much as easy so I loaded it and discovered that it doesn't want to recognize any FLAC files.

I tried it with the thousands of MP3 files I have and it pretty much works fine.
    MP3s are fine for portable devices and in the car but I'm more of a descriminating home listener. I even built a computer just for playing and managing my Music collection.

I checked the foum and read the links and tried some of things mentioned to no avail.

So what is the simple solution(besides using Media Monkey)?

Keep up the Great work

Thanks...
    LC
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: FLAC files not recognized by DAP

dAP is not compatible with R13 (Music Converter Codecs), so install dAP first, the FLAC codec from Legacy Codec Central, then install Music Converter & the latest FLAC codec to a different folder.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pollitt
      • Mar 2009

I have uninstalled and reloaded dBmusic converter and audio player into separate folders with latest flac codec in the music converter directory and earlier flac (5.1?) in the audio player directory (at least I think they are in the directories - how do I identify the directories?). Still the audio player will not play my files converted to flac with the dBmusic converter. Sometimes I get the message that the file is incompatible with Win32?
      I am new at this - just started today. Help, pleeeeez. :http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

If you get a win32 incompatible message, it sounds like you have a bad download, re-download the file.

Comment

• herbg
          • Jan 2009

I've run into a strange situation ... the dBPowerAmp player always played FLAC files since initial installation. Tonight, I noticed a FLAC file update (to Release 13.1) so I did the update.

Now, the dBPowerAmp player doesn't recognize my FLAC files and won't play them. What happened here?

DbPowerAmp Music Converter, on the other hand, is able to recognize FLAC files ... just like before the update.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
          Herb...

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Herb-
            The Flac codec release 13.1 is for later versions of Music Converter (r12 and later) and associated software (CD Writer r3). The dB Audio Player has to use the older FLAC Legacy Codec from Legacy Codec Central (link to which can be found in Codec Central via tab at top of this window).

What you need to do is uninstall the new FLAC codec from the folder where you have dB Audio Player, uninstall the older FLAC codec from the same folder (if it is still there), and reinstall the Legacy FLAC codec from Legacy Codec Central.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• herbg
              • Jan 2009

Thanks for this. I tried goofing around with this and ended up doing a System Restore to get the FLAC codecs to work again.

Another question ... I have dBpoweramp Music Converter v 13.2. I want to convert .ape files to .flac. Before I download the wrong codec and goof this up, can you please advise which version of the .ape codec I should use and the installation instructions?

Sorry for the trouble.

Herb...

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Comment

• herbg
                  • Jan 2009

Not sure how this answers my question about running .ape files in Music Converter :(
                  Herb...

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

It states that you have to use the Legacy Codec for ape to get it to work in dAP.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

DAP is not Nero...
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>