title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Sudden loss... from the mcc

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Sudden loss... from the mcc

Could it be related to the number of tracks in MMC. Has anyone else loaded 70,000?

Comment

• al-zoir
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2006

Exactly what I am asking.. I thought that your player was ideal for my needs, but is it? Or it's too much to ask from it to search such a number, which by the way is growing continuesly up to maybe 100.000 or more..Because that is my thing, random listening to the largest possible number of peaces that I like, of various genres in a mix.And I have been asking if putting them in one file only is OK, or should I follow another system. Really noone does my thing? Maybe I should find someone I met last summer in Corfou who told me he has 100.000 songs in his pc. Maybe I should find him and ask him what program does he use. But you, the experts don't have any suggestions? Don't tell me that they do not use similar systems in radio stations or even all those mp3s selling firms. Where do they keep their merchantise, which outnumbers millions?

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by al-zoir
        Exactly what I am asking.. I thought that your player was ideal for my needs, but is it? Or it's too much to ask from it to search such a number, which by the way is growing continuesly up to maybe 100.000 or more..Because that is my thing, random listening to the largest possible number of peaces that I like, of various genres in a mix.And I have been asking if putting them in one file only is OK, or should I follow another system. Really noone does my thing? Maybe I should find someone I met last summer in Corfou who told me he has 100.000 songs in his pc. Maybe I should find him and ask him what program does he use. But you, the experts don't have any suggestions? Don't tell me that they do not use similar systems in radio stations or even all those mp3s selling firms. Where do they keep their merchantise, which outnumbers millions?
        I'd offer to help, but my expertise lies elsewhere. My music library is a mess (duplication, mismash of metadata, no album art, lossy, etc.). For the last couple of years, I've simply been obsessed with robotic automation of optical discs and bringing it within reach of the masses. I have to leave the other topics, such as library management to other people because I haven't even gotten there yet.

In addition, there may be some commercial outfits that use dbpoweramp for ripping, but they often set up their own internal, proprietary track management system (e.g. I believe I read that XM Radio's library is proprietary).

-brendan

Comment

• al-zoir
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2006

Thanks for the interest and the answer, though I can't find the 'liaison' between the two items. I still have a library arrangement problem, as you have put it very well.

Comment

Working...

]]>