title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Updating to what?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • al-zoir
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2006

Updating to what?

Told you before that I am enthusiastic with dAP and dMC and use it all the time for my music. Thing is I feel like having stopped to upgrade my software, and maybe loose things. Each time I try to find out what to do, and read your guidelines, I become lost and prefer to not alter my present situation. So I ask you, and wait for an advice. I have the 11,5 version and have no problem, except some delay, since I only use mp3s(48/256). Will I win some advantages, continuing to use dAP, if I get the 13.1 version, or what? Sorry, but things are not clear to me. And the 'Reference' version is what exactly? Am I OK with my present status? Or maybe I am too old to understand?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Updating to what?

If you are happy you are probabbly best sticking with your existing setup if that works for you.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• al-zoir
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • May 2006

Good answer, really, but leaving me in doubt. Are you saying that, with my needs, there is nothing there for me?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

If you install R13 your dAP will stop working unless you install it to a different folder, thre is a replacement for dAP in the wings.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• al-zoir
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2006

That's exactly what I am afraid of. So I did understand well. 'On the wings' means that you are up to something? Should I wait then for a substitute player? You see, I don't want to geopardise my data of the music files, that is why I do not want to use some other player. Your dAP, is really what I ever wanted (except a little difficulty to make a playlist (consequently a CD) straight from the music collection, I mean having the possibility to 'flash' 20 songs, and get them all in a playlist, with a possibility to pass them to CD).I surely can wait.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

The dAP replacement is in early beta right now, see the link below for "dBpoweramp Renaissance"

Comment

Working...

]]>