title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Mmc ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roma0926
    • Sep 2006

Mmc ?

i can't seem to get MMC to accurately translate my C:mymusic folder. recent track names do not appear but the album name does. the tracks can play but not in the numerical order i put them. i tried erasing the collection and reloading it without solving the problem.
    does anyone have ideas on how to get this cleaned up?
    thanks.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Mmc ?

What version of dAP are you using?

Comment

• roma0926
      • Sep 2006

2.0 - i just downloaded it without the converter package.

Comment

• roma0926
        • Sep 2006

i have had nothing but problems with the new download. is there anything different about dap from a couple of years ago? the old program worked flawlessly and is fantastic for organizing. the one i recently downloaded (i can't figure out which version beyond 2.0) has glitch after glitch. is there somewhere i can download the older (2 year) version?

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Version 2 is the older version. The most recent is r3 beta 6 and that is more than 3 years old if I recall correctly. Although I have seen a few users describe a preference for dAP r2, my own experience is that the r3 beta6 version is more stable than r2. Both have some bugs but r3 beta6 has fewer, in my opinion. You can re-install this from the Beta section of this forum.
          Where exactly are you having the problem with not seeing the track names, in MMC or in the dAP window where it displays information about the file that is playing?
          If it is in MMC, can you scan the upper part of the MMC screen to the right and tell me what column headings you see?
          How are you adding tracks to MMC?

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• roma0926
            • Sep 2006

thanks for responding, bill.
            MMC shows artist, blank, genre, album for newly added tracks. the dap window also fails to indicate track name but everything else. leaving the mouse cursor on the track does display the track and all information perfectly. C:mymusic, from which i load all tracks to MMC, shows all tracks perfectly.
            going all the way to the right of any track shows all identity perfectly, that is, the track name appears as set up in C:mymusic is the same as the filename. the headings are (after album): kbps, kHz, size, type, channels, volume boost, year, filename.
            i rip using audiograbber then monkey's audio. neither program has been changed.
            i messed everything up by adding dap to my backup hard drive for organization. when i loaded mmc, the backup froze and wouldn't close, eventually crashing the computer. i wiped dap out and started again. the existing tracks loaded perfectly. then, when i tried to add new tracks, the current issues arose.

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Try this:
              Open MMC, click on the Collection menu icon at the top of the window, select Preferences. A window will open up labelled Music Collection Preferences. First scan the list of elements to see if there is a listing for Track. If there is, my guess is that this is set for position 0. Reset Track to either position 2 or position 3, whichever seems to be displayed as blank. Otherwise, I can imagine that position 2 or 3 is assigned to a field with no title and you do not see an option for Track. In that case, see if you can re-name this position with Track.
              While you are in this window, make sure that Collection Sort 2nd item is set to [Smart] (which is default and make sure that the box for the Search Sub-Folders When Adding/Playing Folders is checked.
              Then click OK.
              If this works as it should, you should see the track information re-populate itself in the MMC Window.
              If this does not seem to work, go back to MMC>Collection>Preferences and click on the button that reads Default Columns and see if this helps.
              Let us know how this works out.

Best wishes,
              Bill

Comment

• roma0926
                • Sep 2006

i tried both - changed preferences on track to 2 then 3 then default when that did not work. i now get less than 1/2 of tracks loaded at all with most of them 0 length and only a green triangle on the left.
                search sub-folders is checked as well as smart on collection 2nd sort item

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

Sorry the suggestion didn't work for you.
                  How many tracks do you have in MMC?
                  When you had your crash and reloaded dAP, you used a backup of MMC for the installation of dAP?
                  During this process did the location of any tracks get changed?
                  At first your problem was only with newly added tracks?
                  Now you only have about 1/2 the tracks listed?
                  Did changing the MMC Collection Preferences help with any of the track information for the files that were a problem before or are you still missing that information and are now missing information on even more tracks?
                  What does your Preferences list look like? What are the column headings over MMC now?
                  How much time did you allow for MMC to reorganize your list?
                  If you right-click on one of the files with missing data and select Edit Tag, is the missing tag information listed there or not?

Bill

Comment

• roma0926
                    • Sep 2006

i really appreciate your effort and time to try to fix this situation.
                    there are 6822 tracks in mmc.
                    after the crash i reloaded dap but populated it straight from C:mymusic.
                    it appeared that everything was ok at first loading.
                    at first only the new tracks had the missing identification for song name.
                    after i followed your suggestions there are about half of mmc with a green triangle and 0 data. the other half is as before starting with a through h. the track names for newly entered songs is missing.
                    changing the mmc collection preferences as suggested has made it as just described, which is much worse than originally. no new info is missing except for half the catalog. the preferences did not add any info to new tracks which appear.
                    i used the default setting as you suggested as a final attempt so now all headings are typical. the columns are standard. preferences shows a numerical sequence of headings.
                    10 minutes to reorganize. results were pretty quick.
                    right clicking on missing data reveals a completely empty file, no information at all.

Comment

• xoas
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2002

My guess is that there was some contamination somewhere within dAP in general and/or MMC in particular. I cannot prove this but there is no doubt that following my advice made things much worse and for this I apologize.

Here is what I would recommend at this point (in this order):
                      Check your dAP installation and make sure it is installed to a different folder than dMC r12.x or r13.x (if you have a version of dMC later than 11.5);
                      Make sure that the folder that has dAP has the correct Legacy codecs for the file types you are using with dAP;
                      Make sure that the folder that has dAP does NOT have any of the newer codecs from the current Codec Central and remove any that are (these codecs have a newer code designed for dMC r12 and later and for those programs associated with it, these codecs will NOT work with dAP);
                      You might try running the dAP Reset utility which you can find here:
                      http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=403 (to reset your dAP registry settings;
                      If these measures do not help, I would recommend uninstalling dAP, and I would go ahead and remove MMC from your system, reboot and re-install and rebuild MMC from scratch (I was hoping to avoid this, but it may well be necessary, again my apologies). Make sure that if you add any codecs, that the codecs for dAP are gotten from Legacy Codec Central (a link for which you will find in Codec Central).

Please keep us posted on what you find.

Best wishes,
                      Bill

Comment

• roma0926
                        • Sep 2006

gave up - threw computer out got a new one will start again.

Comment

• al-zoir
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • May 2006

Reminds me of my problems, and I have more than 70000 songs, so I should be thankful, even because I do not lose the songs. I will try these advises too, hoping I will not lose everything. I repeat that my problem is with 1300 songs with just the songtitle, or the artist's name. Mostly I lost the 'album' and 'year' elements in many cases, I can't count them. I had the collection 2nd sort item to 'genre', now I turned it to 'smart' as you said. Some of the missing data (mostly songtitles) exist in id tag, but not all of them. Strangest thing is that experimenting with other player.the musicmatch, I can see all the data in the idtag, which means they are not lost, but the mmc cannot 'decode' or 'read' them.Advice? (Hope not to change to musicmatch, because I still prefer dAP, sort of in love with it). I repeat that 'uplayer' cannot be installed in my case, did not receive any answer to that.

Comment

Working...

]]>