title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

music collection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roma0926

• Sep 2006

music collection

2 questions: 1. when i access musiccollection a message "Error saving:J:dbpoweramp\robert.mcc" appears with none of my music is loaded. It first happened when I put dbpoweramp on my backup hard drive and i could not close down cleanly - i had to just shut down. now, i have to reload music every time, it shows the current date as the date acquired and everything is "new". do i have to erase dbpoweramp and reload? the player works fine.
    2. when you select an album and then queue it, why is it always out of order from the main listing? for instance, if i have sp01 through sp10, in order, and select the album, it will show sp03, sp09, sp01, etc. do i have to individually queue up if i want it to play in the order as appears in the collection?
    thanks for any help.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Re: music collection

Do you launch dMC with your HDD not hooked up, then hook up the external later? This will wipe out your music collection every time, I had the same problem. Make sure your external is started up and showing up in my computer before you launch dAP.
    2. Not sure about that, but if you want to re-order the queue, you can get a program called "QueMaster" to do that and many other things.

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

i only run the external hard drive backup when i add or change music. it worked perfectly until the one time i tried to run dap in J drive and wasn't allowed to close it properly. so i really don't need dap in the backup drive. the problem is now when i access MyMusicCollection it is always empty and when i close it the error message appears repeatedly (100 times). i don't know what i did to give dap such a headache but i would like to have it as before - when i open it the MusicCollection is loaded and as I left it.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

It looks like you need to delete your MusicCollection and remake it, unfortunately.

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru

• Oct 2002

Just to check, was "J:dbpoweramp..." a typo of "J:\dbpoweramp..."? if not it could be the cause of you problems.
          First try to find the music collection files on the external drive, and back it up. Maybe you can copy it out somewhere on the local hard drive an open it up in MMC?
          If not, then try runing the external hard drive (J), then runing dap. If it opens the music collection from J, then go to "Collection->Save as..." and save it to the local drive.
          Dap always tries to use the collection it used when shut down.
          It is posible that the collection file on the hard drive was damaged if you had problems disconecting the drive. Do you have a local copy of the collection? If you have that, then maybe the backup on the external is not important...

"Play album" option orders the tracks by their track number meta data. You can add them in the id tags and it should work fine.
          Also when you sort the music collection by "Album" it should also sort the entries by the Track Number field.
          If you select tracks from the same album which are sorted alphabetically then they will be added to the que in that order.

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

ok, now its serious. i removed poweramp program, deleted everything i could find then reloaded. the error message "error saving ' J:\dBpowerAMP\Robert.mcc" still pops up and the ostensibly new download is as corrupt as the first.
            how do i just get this to work as before? am i missing a bad registry line? i still haven't hooked up the separate hard drive and just waiting for this situation to resolve.
            any help would be greatly appreciated because i love the features on poweramp and would like to be back where i was in using it.
            thanks.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Run this to reset dAP: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=403

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

thanks, that cleared everything up and i'm good to go. do you have an idea as to what i did wrong and what exactly it was i messed up?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

What probably happened was dAP kept trying to load the old collection, hence the error.

When you said you deleted "everything" did that include the registry?
                  Last edited by LtData; September 06, 2008, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

i take back the all is well reply. my computer crashed with a blue screen advising about removing new programs or software. i tried, but cannot, remove dbpoweramp. i use delete program from control panel which indicates the removal is complete, but the program is still there. music collection is empty of all data and no words but has the flags, and when those are clicked the track plays. audio player works but i can't open it, it immediately is reduced to the taskbar and will not expand nor is that an option. and when it is clicked it appears to go to the recycle bin. it also completely mangles the color scheme on the computer. i have to close it to get everything back in order.
                    WTF? 1. how do i delete this program? 2. if i download the new converter program afterward will all be well again?

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

i have - had - about 7,000 songs on my computer. now, they appear in c: drive but not as ape files which they were before. the monkey's audio codec has been loaded but they won't load into music collection and i can't play them, the computer will not recognize them.
                      is there anybody i can actually talk to who knows how to get rid of dbpoweramp? my main use of the computer has been music and now this program has apparently disabled everything to do with music. this is beyond depressing.

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

Run this to delete all dBpoweramp products from your system: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285

Also, if you are using the converter and audio player, please read this: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

you may think your post means something but it means nothing to me without verbs and directions. for instance, delete previous db, load new program which is not named poweramp but music converter which includes amg, then add 2nd program. i don't know. your little code is meaningless to me, if you would spell it out in english, i would be grateful. music collection still does not recognize my ape files and i can't play them.

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru

• May 2004

1. Uninstall all dBpoweramp products
                            2. Run the reset utility mentioned here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13285
                            3. If you are using dBpoweramp Music Converter r12 or above with the audio player, make sure you install the converter and the player to separate directories, as stated here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/legacy-compatibility.htm
                            4. Reinstall the audio player, making sure to read #3. Reinstall the converter and your AMG.
                            5. Get the codecs for the audio player from Legacy Codec Central, NOT the main codec central. If you get an error about being unable to run "musicconverter.exe" just ignore this.

Comment

• roma0926

• Sep 2006

deleted dAP and associated registry. reloaded dAP. seemed to work fine except the most recently added track names are not displayed - it is blank on MMC but the artist name, album, etc. all appear. the track is there but also out of numerical order. occasionally, when i try to add a new track it takes forever to load instead of using all previously loaded tracks and just adding the new ones and there are about 500 0 data files with no name or identification starting the collection list off. also, MMC claims all tracks are NEW and use a single date as when added.
                              the C: my music file from which i download into dAP is in perfect order and unfazed by dAP problems.
                              how do i get dAP to accurately recognize the track names as they appear on C: drive folder? any ideas?

Comment

Working...

]]>