title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot write Preferences

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kucera
    • Dec 2007

Cannot write Preferences

Hi, whenever I right-click on the file in MMC and chose "Edit Tag", the window that pops up is cut off on the right - half way through the Delete(?) button. The Preference stars and Volume boost graphic show up over the Genre boxes, and do not respond to the mouse, of course. The window size is fixed. I can't tab to something that I can't see, or if I do, I don't know how to set the stars.
    If I change the Preference in the Details tab, it does not stick.
    Trying to do it from Explorer, I have to add the Preference tag, but even if I do, it does not carry over to MMC.
    What am I doing wrong? This happens at any screen resolution. Is the 'dos-like' look of MMC still the same? My player ver. is 12.
    Thanks for any help. If you want to see a picture of that cut-off window, let me know where/how to post it, please.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Cannot write Preferences

See below for how to find your version, v12 for the player doesn't sound right.

What version of Windows are you using? Do you have it set to Large DPI?

Comment

• Kucera
      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by LtData
      See below for how to find your version, v12 for the player doesn't sound right.
      Right you are, sorry, I got the ver.2, it says dBpowerAMP;
      Ver. 12 is the dmc.

Originally posted by LtData
      What version of Windows are you using? Do you have it set to Large DPI?
      Windows2000professional. Screen at 1600x1200 dpi,
      font size 135% normal size (130 dpi)

Does that make sense? Here is a clip of the problem:
      [img]r:\edittag.jpg[/img]
      Last edited by Kucera; April 27, 2008, 06:05 PM. Reason: adding image

Comment

• Kucera
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Kucera
        Does that make sense? Here is a clip of the problem:
        [img]r:\edittag.jpg[/img]
        If it does not show, find it at http://kucera.ca/edittag.jpg

Comment

• xoas
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2002

Try the beta version of dBpowerAMP Audio Player here:
          This is Release 3 beta 6, highlights include: Crossfade on Skip, support for 24 bit audio, DSP effects. dAP has been updated with a major new feature - syncing with a portable device (as handled by Sveta). Under 'Collection' button is a 'Synchronize with portable player', select the player and if necessary set also a

This has been out for nearly 5 years, is more stable than dAP r2 and does correct an earlier problem with handling large fonts.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
          Bill

Comment

• Kucera
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by xoas
            Try the beta version of dBpowerAMP Audio Player
            Thanks ! I now can write the preferences - although they show oposite of Volume boost now :blush:, and I still can't work on volume boost - but it is a great improvement, because I never used the boost so far...
            Here's the new screenshot: http://kucera.ca/tagsinBeta.jpg
            Thanks again Emil

Comment

• xoas
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2002

Try setting your display for large fonts (120 dpi).
              Does that work?

Comment

• Kucera
                • Dec 2007

Try setting your display for large fonts (120 dpi).
                Does that work?
                Yes it does; and thankfully, the difference on the desktop (from 135% to 120% fonts) is not that great, so I can carry on. Now, if you can explain in three sentences or so:smile2:, just what or how best to use the volume boost in MMC, I would be grateful; seems to make little difference in listening; the boost slider in the graphic equalizer seems to sit on top of the scale permanently - is it related?
                Sorry to be a pest, I have been happily using the program for a number of years, certainly since the previous version, but only recently got uppity and trying to wring all the goodies therefrom...
                Thanks again Regards Emil

Comment

• xoas
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2002

Here is how I use the volume boost:
                  In MMC, on the menu arrow next to Add Music, I select the Auto Volume Normalize function. (For existing tracks in MMC you can select all tracks and select Auto Volume Boost by clicking on the green box next to the volume boost slider or by going right-click edit tag and clicking on the green box next to the volume boost slider).
                  This should normalize the volume for the vast majority of the tracks in MMC very well but the volume boost will not be set for any given track until it has been played all the way through one time.

That's my 3 sentences, so I will stop here. There are details, exceptions and alternatives but I would recommend you start here and consider other alternatives for adjusting the volume of tracks you play on your computer (using dAP's volume selector, EQ, your speakers' volume settings and your sound card's volume settings) to avoid having to twiddle overly much with each track's gain.

Hope this helps. If not, let us know what details you want further input on.

Bill

Comment

• Kucera
                    • Dec 2007

That's my 3 sentences ... consider other alternatives for adjusting the volume of tracks you play on your computer (using dAP's volume selector, EQ, your speakers' volume settings and your sound card's volume settings) to avoid having to twiddle overly much with each track's gain.
                    Hope this helps. If not, let us know what details you want further input on.
                    Thank you very much for all the information. Yes, I do use the other alternatives, too, but you have cleared up for me the bit I understood least. The program now meets all my modest needs. Thanks again Emil

Comment

Working...

]]>