title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Random Play Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • holyburn
    • Oct 2005

Random Play Problem

My random play on the audio player has worked for years and now has stopped...any ideas?

thanks
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Random Play Problem

First, make sure that both Selective Play and Random Play are enabled. Then open selective play to make sure that you have whatever files you want included (by artist or genre or preference or year) enabled to be included in Random Play. If necessary, turn off Selective Play and turn off Random Play, close Audio Player, open Audio Player, turn on Selective Play and turn on Random Play.

If you have moved your audio files after placing them in My Music Collection (MMC), Audio Player will not be able to locate them and play them. If this has happened you will need to delete the files in question and then re-add them to MMC.

If this does not apply, make sure that you can play one or more files in Audio Player.

If you are not using the beta version of Audio Player (which is more stable than the r2 release from the Products tab and which has been out for some years now) I would advise you to download and install it from the Beta section of this forum.

Please post if these don't help.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• holyburn
      • Oct 2005

I have the beta version and tried all that you generously offered but to no avail...I have over 11,000 files I like it to randomly play and it has worked for all of the many years I have been using the program. The program won't let me check both selective and random...when I hit selective it takes me to the setup for it and I check all of the files and all of the genres...etc. then I check random and play...at the end of the 1st file it just stops hmmmm

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

Can you enqueue and play more than a single file file in Audio Player?

If you have other skins installed, have you tried switching to a different skin to see if the problem still persists?

You might try running the reset routine of Audio Player (see: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=403 ).

If these don't help, try accessing the Options Menu (Menu button or right-click of any inactive segment of any skin) for Audio Player. First access the Amp options. It will be set to either Wave Out or DirectX. Which ever it is set to, change to the other. Exit the Options menu and see if that helps. If not, go back through the Options Menu and change tje Amp setting back to what it was. Then enter the MultiPlayer menu and turn off the crossfade option to see if that makes any difference.

Remember that both Selective Play and Random Play need to be turned on at the same time so when you go through these steps you will need to check to make sure that both are engaged before you try checking for results.

Let us know what you find.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• holyburn
          • Oct 2005

I went through the entire routine...reset and then your suggested sequence. It worked! The change to Direct X out was the key. It was set to Wav...is there some conflict in maybe my digital editing software (Cakewalk) that would have changed the setting. I am exploring that but you may already have the answer. Is it possible for another software to reset everything to meet its needs regardless of other programs...Microsoft stuff does it all the time but...gosh. Hey, thanks, I am a professional musician and composer...was getting a bit sad over the inability to either have random play or Queue ...I really appreciate it.

Kelly

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to your questions. It may be that Spoon or someone else with more audio computing chops than I have would know the answer.

I've run into this problem a few times personally in the years I've been using dAP. In my case, I've never been entirely that the Amp setting had been reset somehow to cause the problem. Are you sure that it had been set to DirectX before Audio Player went haywire and something switched it to Waveout?

It is interesting to me that the fix seems to work in either direction (sometimes the reset is from DirectX to Wave Out and sometimes it is from Wave Out to DirectX, as it was for you). If you do know that the Amp setting had gotten reset, it might be interesting to know that and if you locate any type of software conflict I am sure Spoon would like to know it.

Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

Working...

]]>