title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to use SkinDesigners Font Image utility?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BestRip
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2002

How to use SkinDesigners Font Image utility?

Hi Spoon (or anyone who knows this)

How does the Font Image thing in the SkinDesigner work? I've tried several ways but don't get a usable result. I understand the concepts of Image and Mask but I don't understand how they are used here.
    Should the Font Image be configured in a specific way? How does it access different letters/numbers?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Ah yes, I have bitmaps for these:

I am sure the size can be any size as long as it is constant and square.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BestRip
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2002

Thank you Spoon,

I'm staring to get a grip on how it works now.
      Here is a bit of data for anyone interested.
      There are 80 chars and they need to be at least 5 pixels wide including a minimum of a 1 pixel spacing between the letters. Between these 5 pixels has to be 1 additional pixel (you will understand better if you download the files Spoon has supplied), as well as 1 first and 1 last. So 80 x 5 = 400 plus the 1 pixels (1 + 79 + 1) = 481 pixels (this I've found to be the smallest working image font).
      The hight doesn't have to be the same as the width of the letter but I've not been able to establish the rules there yet.

Thank you for moving this thread to its right forum, I needed support fast...:blush:

Comment

• BestRip
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Jun 2002

Correction on smallest font,

I was a bit hasty again...
        It's working as described above but all the way down to a 3 pixels wide font was no problem. (That is: 3 pixels character + 1 pixel spacing + 1 pixel matrix). Under that I guess the matrix still workes but there will probably be great problems with forming the characters (and you'll need a magnifying glass to read the text).

Comment

• BestRip
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jun 2002

Originally posted by BestRip

There are 80 chars and they need to be at least 5 pixels wide including a minimum of a 1 pixel spacing between the letters. Between these 5 pixels has to be 1 additional pixel [/B]
          Correction

Spoon has improved the Font image usage for dAP as of: dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 10a.
          The change was adding 16 chars, so now there is a total of 96 characters. This was done to include some international chars and made it possible for me to make a more look-alike copy of the font for the WindAP skin copy. The Font image files included in that skin will give the correct new font layout for anyone who wants to use it.

Comment

Working...

]]>