title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help -- No Sound

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • taris
    • Oct 2007

Help -- No Sound

This is probably something really simple, I'm not very computer savvy.

I was using dbpoweramp to play music, and I wanted to compare the sound to the itunes playback so I went to have both playing the same song at the same time, to do an a/b comparison by turning the volumes up or down on the respective players, and then suddenly the sound completely cut out and I can't get it back from either player.

I looked at "sounds" under control panel and things seem fine there.

Then I restarted my computer, and still no sound.

Any ideas?

Thx.
  • taris
    • Oct 2007

Re: Help -- No Sound

I realise now I put this post in the wrong area...

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Moved to dAP Support.
      So neither dAP or iTunes gives you volume? Is your system sound muted or turned down? Do any other players, like Windows Media Player, work?

Comment

• taris
        • Oct 2007

Windows media player, itunes, dAP, no sound from any of those.

I checked my system settings. Mute is not on and the volume is at the halfway point. I moved it to full and still got no sound.

Thx

Comment

• taris
          • Oct 2007

I decided to play around with dAP. After a little fiddling, I hit the "menu" button and all of a sudden sound came back on. ?? Then I decided to try playing itunes again at the same time. Weird stuff happened. When I was playing a song (two different songs) in both players at once I heard two songs at once (as I expected) but when I turned the volume down on dAP, there was also no volume coming from itunes, even though it was set to full (same with WMA). Also, if I turn the sound down on dAP and then close it, I still get no sound from itunes. But if I open dAP and turn the sound back up, then itunes has sound.

weird.

It doesn't matter too much, because I'll probably be using dAP most of the time.

Thanks!

Comment

• Wayne
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Aug 2002

When you change the volume in dAP you are adjusting Window's Output Volume not just the output from the dAP application.

Wayne

Comment

• donny
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Oct 2002

check also the "wave" setting. this is the one that dbpoweramp changes when it's output is set to "waveOut", and not to "directX". you can use this second one if you don't want it to change the system volume.

Comment

• taris
                • Oct 2007

ok. Thanks. Great collection of programs you have here.

Comment

• Wayne
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by donny
                  check also the "wave" setting. this is the one that dbpoweramp changes when it's output is set to "waveOut", and not to "directX". you can use this second one if you don't want it to change the system volume.
                  The number of years that I have been using dAP I never knew that. You learn something new all the time.

Wayne

Comment

• donny
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Oct 2002

yeah I've experimented with this a few years ago. DirectX is also a bit quieter, which, for me, is also good when you watch movies etc, you don't have such a big difference in volume.
                    I repeat this from time to time, so that more people hear it maybe it should be included into some FAQ or help file or something...

Comment

Working...

]]>