title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3's from a CD is not posible...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

MP3's from a CD is not posible...

I'm really surprised: I can't find a way to play MP3's from a CD! I like the Audio Player, and he works fantastic with MP3's from the hard disk. But all my collection of MP3's CD's is not to use with him. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Strange. I haven't had any problems with dAP playing MP3's held on a CDR.

How are you selecting the MP3's?

To test my new DVD player I recently used EasyCD Creator 5 to burn a MP3 disc. In addition to saving the MP3's onto the CDR I noticed that it also created a playlist together with an autoexec file. Whenever I insert the CD into my PC, dAP starts up automatically executing the playlist.

Wayne

Comment

• Unregistered

I make first a PlayList with the Playlist Editor, I save the list in the hard disk and then I try to play the list (double click in the m3u file for example). Then, I see that all the numbers show up in the window of the player very fast, the CD driver begin to spin and then... nothing: no sound, nothing. If I push the play button in the player, he begins to play the lasts list from the hard disk again.
      I know that the CD's with MP3's are good, because I can play it with another players. I think, there is a problem with the buffer mechanism of dbPowerAMP.

Gustavo

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What happens if you right click on one of the mp3s and select Play in dAP?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Ok, I think the problem is bigger: If I right click on ONE of the mp3's in the CD and select play, he play without problems. If I select more than one mp3's in the CD, and I right click and select play, he play the first of the mp3's, then, between the first and the second, he shows up very fast the list of the last PlayList, then he begin with the second one selected mp3. Then, with the third one the entire computer stops: if you look in the TaskManager, the process "Amp.exe" uses 99% of the CPU time. Then you need to kill the process to can go with the rest of the programs.
          Maybe a memory leek?
          My system: Dell computer, Pentium IV, 2 Ghz, 512 kb RAM, Windows 2000 Professional, SP3. Is dbAmpPlayer tested with Win2k?
          Gustavo

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try switching off crossfade.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>